Sikhs - Health & Diet

Big_Tera

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_Sami

In June 2006, he weighed 230 kilograms (506 lb); he claimed his doctor had given him just six months to live. By diet and exercise, he lost 167 kilograms (368 lb) in 16 months.

https://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/heres-how-adnan-sami-came-down-from-weighing-220-kgs-to-75-kgs-in-16-months-1686688

Here's How Adnan Sami Came Down from Weighing 220 kgs to 75 kgs in 16 months

Cut to 2017, the singer now weighs a healthy 65 kilos. In a public event in the year 2013, Adnan proudly said to the media, “From 220 kilos, I have reduced about 155 kgs, that's like shedding two individuals out of your body. It often happens,that people fail to recognise me now. But I am happy I did that, this has filled in me a lot of stamina and energy. And I am standing in front of my listeners and admirers after the entire journey. It's very overwhelming.”(

4 hours ago, Premi5 said:

If someone eats too much and doesn't do enough physical activity, they will generally be overweight, regardless of genetics, especially over time/increased age. The ones not overweight in that scenario are the exceptions. I would not use 'genetics' as an 'excuse' - if someone wants to change their body, then they should put the time and effort into it. 

Its not an excuse its scientific fact 

1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

What exactly do you mean is ‘scientific fact’? 
That we all have genes ?

No that everyone has different body types and food affects them differently,  that is why 3 square meals, 5 smaller meals a day, intermittent fasting , works for some people and doesn't for others. 

4 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

No that everyone has different body types and food affects them differently,  that is why 3 square meals, 5 smaller meals a day, intermittent fasting , works for some people and doesn't for others. 

Yes but 90% of people will lose weight by eating less food. Those that don't may have health conditions they haven't resolved. 

11 hours ago, Redoptics said:

Its not an excuse its scientific fact 

10 hours ago, Redoptics said:

Ok, that makes it a lot clearer what you meant. 

On 6/28/2018 at 11:33 AM, puzzled said:

Sikhs are becoming fat which is disturbing.nothing looks worse than a fat person. It's common to see a fat sikh with rolls of flab visible under there top. T shirts normally cling onto the flab and outline it.

Fat women with flappy arms need to stop wearing sleeve less tops it's a horrible sight 

I personally believe a fat person whose flab is leaking onto more than one seat in a train or bus should pay for two tickets 

Not a fat person fan?? 

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/going-to-sleep-between-10pm-and-11pm-could-be-sweet-spot-to-help-heart-health-1.4723465?mode=amp

Going to sleep between 10pm and 11pm is associated with a lower risk of developing heart disease compared to other bedtimes, new research suggests.

The study found that compared to sleep onset from 10pm to 10.59pm, there was a 25 per cent higher risk of cardiovascular disease with a sleep onset at midnight or later. There was a 12 per cent greater risk for 11pm to 11.59 pm, and a 24 per cent increased risk for falling asleep before 10pm, according to the study.

Further analysis by sex suggested the association with increased cardiovascular risk was stronger in women, with only sleep onset before 10pm remaining significant for men.