• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why are Modern Sikhs so unhealthy? In terms of their diets. We even have so called highly respected Sikh Leaders and teachers. Yet their waistlines are alot to be desired for.  One one hand they

Sikhs are becoming fat which is disturbing.nothing looks worse than a fat person. It's common to see a fat sikh with rolls of flab visible under there top. T shirts normally cling onto the flab and ou

No that everyone has different body types and food affects them differently,  that is why 3 square meals, 5 smaller meals a day, intermittent fasting , works for some people and doesn't for others. 

Posted Images

15 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Bro, remember all carbohydrates are broken down into glucose (some fruit based ones into fructose), through the digestion process. So just cutting down sugar may not make that much of a difference. You might have to cut down on carbs in general. 

Also, I don't think the good fats, like from nuts, make you fat at all (unless consumed by the balti load).    

You doing any exercise? 

No exercise at all. 10 hrs+ job leaves less time and no energy left for exercise. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, S1ngh said:

No exercise at all. 10 hrs+ job leaves less time and no energy left for exercise. 

Sorry Ji, but that is a typical lazy desi attitude on exercise. Where there is a will, there's a way. Do you at least do some exercise on weekends

• Like 2
7 hours ago, S1ngh said:

It's one of those paradoxes that regular exercise actually gives you more energy. 

If you ain't done it in a while, you'll get dramatic newbie gains. Don't write off training. Even 20 minutes on each weekend day is a start. 

• Like 2

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/nov/14/i-used-to-hate-exercise-but-with-support-from-my-parents-i-am-now-jumping-for-joy

I used to hate exercise, but with support from my parents, I’m now jumping for joy

Minreet Kaur skipping in the park with her parents, who are both in their 70s, skipping and hula-hoopingReady for action: Minreet Kaur exercising in the park with her parents, who are both in their 70s Photograph: Suki Dhanda/The Observer

I was turning 40 and very unfit. Now my super-healthy parents, both in their 70s, have inspired me to exercise and I love it

Minreet Kaur
Sun 14 Nov 2021 13.00 GMT

It’s Saturday morning and I’m standing in the middle of Osterley Park, west London, between my mum and dad, getting ready for the weekly parkrun. My dad is jogging on the spot, my mum is doing the same. I am thinking how do I get out of this? Both of them are full of energy, encouraging me to get warmed up. All I want is a chocolate and nice masala chai – my favourite spicy tea. I hear the countdown, getting nervous now, and off we go. My dad has sped ahead and with his hand he signals to me to keep up. Behind me is my mum. I can’t go anywhere, they are both watching me and I will have to finish this run stuck between them. Finally, we get to the finishing line and I’m shattered. My dad can do a 5km in 33 minutes. I can barely do it in 45. My mum and I walk and run together.

Later on my dad will encourage me to do some skipping, and Mum will get me hula-hooping. This, along with their nutritional advice, has been my daily routine for the past six months. Who needs expensive personal trainers when I can turn to Mum and Dad?

The Kaur regime

I start every morning with 10 minutes of sit-ups on an empty stomach. I skip for three minutes, then have one glass of water and then, an hour later, one black coffee.

I exercise for 30 minutes each day. I make sure at least 10 minutes of my activity increases my heart rate.

If I want to build on this, I try another 10 minutes of sit-ups before bed.

Our family’s 80:20 ratio means that we believe 80% of keeping fit is down to a healthy diet. The remaining 20% is down to exercise.

Wherever possible we stick to raw food – spinach, broccoli, red pepper, cauliflower, carrots – otherwise we only lightly cook things like sweet potatoes.

I treat myself to dark chocolate but avoid milk chocolate.

We cut out frying and instead we brush food with olive or avocado oil and roast or grill it.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

latest news for those who are getting misled by MSM about ivermectin

The miracle of Japan :

India has been using ivermectin ans selling it very cheaply. It is the drug companies that wish to profit from unnecessary and harmful jabs. 

But money is not the only motive for this group. 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 10:48 PM, Suchi said:

Yes but 90% of people will lose weight by eating less food. Those that don't may have health conditions they haven't resolved. 

If anyone is left in prolonged starvation, e.g they literally have no way of getting food for a week or 2, they will surely lose some of that weight when the body goes into catabolism.

• Like 1
On 12/24/2021 at 11:06 AM, Premi5 said:

If anyone is left in prolonged starvation, e.g they literally have no way of getting food for a week or 2, they will surely lose some of that weight when the body goes into catabolism.

Gotta stay hydrated and peeing if you want to starve. All the catabolism releases toxins.