shastarSingh

Suicide bomber kills sikhs in Afghanistan!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I know that there are Afghan Sikhs that feel Afghanistan is their country but there are very few left.

Is it not time they leave and let this country fester. 

If this country goes to the dogs (it already is), my people should not go down with it (my opinion )

• Like 4

Very sad news. 🙏 Avtar Singh (candidate for parliamentary elections) killed amongst other prominent Sikh Afghans.

Edited by S4NGH

a lot of hate here for khalsa aid, i know they been in iraq/syria a lot but what have they done that so bad? do they still support the shaheed pravaars in punjab?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, proactive said:

Great post and you hit the nail on the head. We are well on our way to becoming the new Jews now. Punjab is being emptied of Sikhs and we are losing the demographic advantage in our holy land and in return we are creating vulnerable new communities in place such as Georgia where just one spark could lead to violence against Sikhs by the local population. Sikh farmers are selling land in Punjab and moving to states such as Madhya Pardesh and Rajasthan where they is no strong Sikh presence and where they will always be vulnerable. 

Sikhs such as the Afghan Sikhs need to reassess their situation. When NATO leaves Afghanistan then their situation will be ten times worst. It is better to sell up what little you have and make way either to Punjab or to the West. Sikhs have no future in Afghanistan. They controlled much of the economy in the old days but that was just a brief interlude before the default position Islam against non-Muslims comes to the forefront. Sikhs are an asset where ever they are settled. If the country and the people where they are settled do not want them then why do these Sikhs want to contribute to the economy of that country, especially a shythole like Afghanistan?  The Jews had over a thousand years presence in Afghanistan and they have left and yet Sikhs with less than a few hundred years presence refuse to leave. There are perhaps 1000 Sikhs left in Afghanistan, how hard is it for their relatives in the Afghan Sikh communities in Delhi. UK and Europe along with the rest of the Sikhs in the diaspora to relocate these Sikhs to safer western countries? 

The same is the case of Sikhs in places like Kyber Pakhtoonwa. They should be locating to safer places like Nankana Sahib. Build a large Sikh community in the holiest place of our religion in Pakistan. What is the needs for a few dozen Sikh families in small town in places like Swat to stay on and be unsafe when they could be part of a larger and more defensible Sikh community in Nankana Sahib. 

In India also, smaller Sikh communities need to look at the future, Modi has sold the concept of a fascist Hindu state to the majority of Hindus. These small Sikh communities will always be used as hostages to make sure that the Sikhs of Punjab acquiesce to remaining slaves in India. These Sikh communities need to either move to larger Sikh communities or even think of moving to Punjab. The Sikhs of Shillong are a case in point, they should be looking to move to Punjab to areas where they know their forefathers were brought to do the work of safai karamcharis. Sikh Sikligars and Banjaras should also be looking to Punjab or Nander to settle and be safe. 

It's not hate, it is frustration that the money that could be used to change the future of the next Sikh generation is being squandered by a publicity hungry guy like Ravi Singh. People have been telling him that he needs to concentrate on Punjab where the situation is ten times worst then it was when he first started Khalsa Aid in 1999. He basically sticks two fingers at them.

The Khalsa Aid accounts available on the Charity Commission website make interesting reading. For instance their donations have gone down by over 30% in 2017 compared to 2016 ( £1.55M in 2016 and £1.03M in 2017)  whereas they money they spend to generate donations (£84K in 2016 and £88K in 2017) have increased by 5%. So they are getting less donations while they spend more money to try and generate donations. Given the way they have been utilising social media to publicise their 'langar' sewa in Bangladesh it is surprising that they donations have gone down so drastically given that they would have started to receive some donations from Muslims as well as Sikhs.

Their breakdown of their financial activities also show how they disregard Sikhs in need and concentrate on non-Sikhs. 

In 2016 they spent £30,300 in Iraq out of total spend of £ 589K so they spent about 5% in Iraq. In 2017 they  increased this spectacularly to £ 163,087 out of £ 500K total spend. So in 2017 they spent about 33% of total spend in 2017 in Iraq! If that's not sticking two fingers at the Sikhs who ask him to concentrate on Sikhs in need then I don't know what is!

In order not to disclose how much they are spending in Punjab on Sikhs KA just shows how much they spent in India. This figure includes money they have spent on flood relief such as the floods in Maharashtra. Even so the money they spent in India and consequently in Punjab has gone down from 143K in 2016 to 138K in 2017. 

Couldnt agree with u more! Smashed it! I really dont wanna criticise ppl like ravi singh, he has a good heart, but at the same time, it doesnt make sense that u give so much time/money/effort towards ppl who i guarantee will NEVER be grateful for the aid, and all calling u kuffars on the inside. Its this particular reason i have never given any dosh to khalsa aid, where as Basics of Sikhi and Sikh Awareness Society i have given money to, as we know the transparency of the destination of the dosh. 

The worst is when ppl like us say something about the whereabout of the donations should go, we are often quoted some crap about bhai khanaiya giving water blah blah blah by some 5minute sikh. What these pappu sikhs seem to forget is, bhai khanaiya was also killing the same soldiers in that particular battle.

Sort our own house 1st before we go running to others. I would say 90% of all khalsa aid money should go to sikh community 1st n foremost. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why live in unwelcomed territory in the first place? A little bit of history will tell you what the Afghans actually think of Sikhs.

Edited by TejS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TejS said:

Why live in enemy territory in the first place? A little bit of history will tell you what the Afghans actually think of Sikhs.

these sikhs are descendants of sikhs of guru NanakDev Ji's time , they were so important that Guru Pita ji used to write hukamnama to them and encourage them . Mai Sewan was from Kabul Sangat .

I am surprised that you guys don't also see that these bullies in far flung places whether in pak, HInd or Afghanistan  are getting their way by bullying and stealing our hard earned arable lands/properties and valuable real estate(shillong) from out under us leaving us as permanent nomads without a place . This is not what is needed , it's all very well saying come to punjab , doesn't that make it easier to kettle us in and kill us off as they tried in 1980s??? what about nanded and other dharmic asthaans as in patna ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

these sikhs are descendants of sikhs of guru NanakDev Ji's time , they were so important that Guru Pita ji used to write hukamnama to them and encourage them . Mai Sewan was from Kabul Sangat .

Peshawar, Pakistan was once a Sikh area. The roads there are still named after Puratan Sikhs.

I heard they want to stay because of the Ithaasic Gurdware there.

• Haha 1