Why aren't British Sikhs as active/engaged as their Canadian counterparts in politics?

TejS

27 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Now it's Sikhs, in the distant future it will be another group, most obviously Muslims due to their number

No I don't think that Canadian Muslims will be the dominant minority in Canada. Because unlike UK where Pakistanis are largest ethnic group of Muslim minority, Canadian Muslims are divided into various ethnicities Pakistanis, Lebanese, Iranians, Somalian etc and as if these divisions were not enough they are also divided into different sects Sunnis, Shias,Wahabbis , Ahmadis and Ismailis. No single Muslim sect or ethnic group dominates Canadian Muslims. Which is why Canadian Muslims will never replace Sikh minority which is United by single language and single region punjab. This is why half a million Canadian Sikhs have far more MLA's, MP's and federal ministries than a million Canadian Muslims. If my memory serves me right Even in Ontario where Muslims outnumber Sikhs. The Sikhs have more MLA's in Ontario legislative assembly than Muslim community. 

1 minute ago, YOYO29 said:

No I don't think that Canadian Muslims will be the dominant minority in Canada. Because unlike UK where Pakistanis are largest ethnic group of Muslim minority, Canadian Muslims are divided into various ethnicities Pakistanis, Lebanese, Iranians, Somalian etc and as if these divisions were not enough they are also divided into different sects Sunnis, Shias,Wahabbis , Ahmadis and Ismailis. No single Muslim sect or ethnic group dominates Canadian Muslims. Which is why Canadian Muslims will never replace Sikh minority which is United by single language and single region punjab. This is why half a million Canadian Sikhs have far more MLA's, MP's and federal ministries than a million Canadian Muslims. If my memory serves me right Even in Ontario where Muslims outnumber Sikhs. The Sikhs have more MLA's in Ontario legislative assembly than Muslim community. 

I would think furthering the collective interests of Muslims in a foreign land would call a temporary truce to these caste / country / faith-based squabbles and differences. You don't think so? Interesting. I think when something coveted and previously unthinkable like dominance and power is in reach, a cessation of hostilities is an essential strategy. Nobody's suggesting they should intermarry, lol, but your lot would be crazy not to join hands in order to secure hegemony. Then you can fight it out amongst yourselves for complete dominance, lol.

25 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I think when something coveted and previously unthinkable like dominance and power is in reach, a cessation of hostilities is an essential strategy.

Apart from Pakistani and Indian Muslims other Muslim ethnic groups are fairly liberal. Unless something extraordinary happens i.e white nationalists start giving them hard time there is little chance of them getting together to achieve political dominance that too at the expense of Sikh community. Apart from Punjabi Muslims no other Muslim ethnic group has any beef with Sikhs.