Why aren't British Sikhs as active/engaged as their Canadian counterparts in politics?

TejS

On 7/14/2018 at 10:19 PM, TejS said:

This is true. Also, I would advise the diaspora living in the UK to immigrate to Canada (better to have a stronghold in one area than be dispersed everywhere), although I know this is highly improbable but more Sikhs coming into Canada will only increase our political influence there.

we can see what is happening in Canada , sikh drug gangs , students fighting with other sikhs , truth is the Canada sikhs have enough on their plate trying to manage their image being spoiled by the druggie unpard attitudes of the Punjab influx. We may have to deal with musle but truth is Canada is not any less musle affected

17 minutes ago, GareebSikh1699 said:

You are preaching a massive false equivalence Mr YoYo.

I pointed out the hypocrisy of some members who love to discuss the discrimination happening in Muslim World but refuse to look back in their own backyard.I merely stated that pehle apni manji thallay daang phero.
Poor people whether sikh,hindu,muslim or christian tend to be very religious.There is no doubt about that. Islam, Sikhism ,Christianity all say that no body should be discriminated on the basis of caste (at least that is what i have heard) but people rarely follow this teaching and Before telling me how dalits are mistreated by Hindus and Muslims have a look at their miserable condition in Punjab.Have you given them equal respect that you are taunting Muslims and Hindus ? I watched a video a year ago where dalits were refused entry into a Gurudwara in Punjab.Take care of that first.
And yes Muhammad and few other Arabs created Islam and since then rest of arbas,turk,south asian, indonesian muslims are following it.Of course you can't expect every other ethnic group to play a role in the creation of Islam.And yes forced conversion did took place under some muslim kings.Auranzeb is the prominent name I can recall but you people just turn a blind eye to all those muslim babas whose tombs can be seen in almost every city/town in south asia.What do you think that people like Sheikh Rukn-ud-Din Abul Fateh of Multan and Ali Hajveri of lahore ,  Lal Shahbaz Qalandar of Sehwan,Sindh and Abullah Shah Ghazi of Karachi doing here ?? Selling popcorn ? .Whatever the case may be ,we are happy where we are .Get over it.

47 minutes ago, GareebSikh1699 said:

The Sikh Fauj was led by an erstwhile Dalit (new Khalsa) commander over 300 years ago in the leadership (bestowed by Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj) upon Shaheed Bhai Sangat Singh.

Some slaves created big muslim empires in india and middle east i.e mamluks.But i would be fool to assume that every slave had the same opportunity or easy life.Perhaps if you dig deeper may be even Hindus can come up with some Dalit in history who achieved a greater social status.But that would be an exception. 

As far as riots of partition are concerned. You people were just looking for an excuse.Tara Singh stated in one of his interviews in 1967 that they (the sikhs) had taken the decision to wipe out Muslims from east Punjab so that Sikhs from West Punjab can be brought to settle in East Punjab.So Sikh leadership all along had made up their mind to massacre East Punjabi Muslims and drive them out.So you see your people are not an innocent party here.

6 minutes ago, GareebSikh1699 said:

The difference YoYo Ji is that Muslim discrimination is backed up by the words written in the Quran (which supports slavery) and the actions of Prophet Muhammad in owning, selling and profiting from black slaves. So whilst individual Sikhs may fall short of what their scripture expects from them - those such as Islamic State and famous Muslim rulers like the Caliphs do exactly what the Quran and Prophet Muhammad proscribe. 

Most Muslims don't read Quran with translation.So I doubt that their actions are directed by Quran.Most have no idea what is written in it.Quran is just kept some high shelve in most houses.Very few people read it with translation. Besides Quran also prohibits Muslims from consuming Alcohol and also frobids from doing other things but I see people don't care.Discrimination is discrimination whether it is backed by holy book or not.

11 minutes ago, GareebSikh1699 said:

Absolutely Sikhi does - respect for the oppressed is totally integral to everything Sikhi stands for. 

You can sugarcoat it all you want but it does not change the fact dalits are mistreated in your state.Some dalits

14 minutes ago, GareebSikh1699 said:

If one thinks like that then that means that we as Sikhs are abandoning the billion plus Muslims who are ordinary people like yourself and who (whether they realise it or not) are actually yearning as normal people (especially women) to be liberated from the falsehood and oppression of Islam.

When you can't give equality to you own mazhabi sikhs then all this talk about helping others seems hypocrisy.

18 minutes ago, GareebSikh1699 said:

In east Punjab all Sikhs look upon the first Sikh in history (Bhai Mardana Ji) with utmost respect. In contrast in west Punjab, Bhai Mardana Ji is referred to by Pakistani Muslims as a kanjar simply for being from a humble background and an apostate from Islam to Sikhi.

Nobody knows about him in Pakistan let alone calling him names.

20 minutes ago, GareebSikh1699 said:

But as an Atheist why do you even care about Pakistan or Islam? Pakistan is a country built upon racism and hatred and likewise Islam is too.

Well I may not believe in religious tenets of Islam but I do see myself as cultural Muslim.

21 minutes ago, GareebSikh1699 said:

After all Pakistan is based upon the slavery, genocide and terrorism of Islam.

nope it was created to escape the economic domination of hindus and Sikhs. Mullah were against the creation of Paskitan. These idiots thought that they could convert/take over all of Hindustan without realizing that if centuries of Muslim rule did not make it Muslim majority how will you do it in a democratic Hindustan where you will be junior partner in power. The man leading Muslim league wasn't a bit religious.

15 minutes ago, GareebSikh1699 said:

The above is a totally false (Pakistani) narrative.

Only if Paul A. Brass is Pakistani.here is an excerpt from his article
In February 1967, however, Master Tara Singh, whom I interviewed then and who was the
principal political leader of the Sikh community 20 years earlier, said to me in
words I have never forgotten: “We took the decision to turn the Muslims out.”
By this, he meant the decision to attack violently the Muslim population in East
Punjab to force them to migrate west so that the entire Sikh population in West
Punjab would be able to migrate east to replace them and take their lands and
property in exchange for what they would lose in the west.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/77f1/d2b9735df0283aa1f3af94eafa6ae701d7e4.pdf
  2. The partition of India and
    retributive genocide in the Punjab,
    1946–47: means, methods, and
    purposes