Why aren't British Sikhs as active/engaged as their Canadian counterparts in politics?

TejS

5 hours ago, YOYO29 said:

Only if Paul A. Brass is Pakistani.here is an excerpt from his article
In February 1967, however, Master Tara Singh, whom I interviewed then and who was the
principal political leader of the Sikh community 20 years earlier, said to me in
words I have never forgotten: “We took the decision to turn the Muslims out.”
By this, he meant the decision to attack violently the Muslim population in East
Punjab to force them to migrate west so that the entire Sikh population in West
Punjab would be able to migrate east to replace them and take their lands and
property in exchange for what they would lose in the west.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/77f1/d2b9735df0283aa1f3af94eafa6ae701d7e4.pdf
  2. The partition of India and
    retributive genocide in the Punjab,
    1946–47: means, methods, and
    purposes

very few muslims were landowners this is a fact brought out by the sneering comment to sikh refugees in Delhi by Nehru when they asked where will we live ?  'take the land that Muslims left '....there was very little and the Hindus were given first choice thus the switch to Hindu dominance in previous muslim dominant regions .  Tara 'singh' was a brahmin plant and to some extent a vegetable ...

Canada is different to the UK in one major respect. It is not £1.5tn in debt to big global financial firms/other governments. Politicians in the UK can do very little as they have no money to spend and what money they can spend has to be in line with what their lenders agree too (if the politicians decide to say decrease spend on HS2 and divert that to the NHS they will basically push up the cost of their borrowing/default on borrowing covenants). The UK government has a credit rating which it has to maintain otherwise politicians can't borrow money (and keep themselves in office). Thats why politics is a waste of time, unless you want to make changes on a low level like reducing plastic bag use. Politicians are their for ego, and the higher you go the more you realise how powerless you are. If you want to change Britain, become a billionaire and then use that money to buy politicians/gang up with other billionairres/firms to tell the government what to do.

1 hour ago, TejS said:

You just reaffirmed why British Sikhs should immigrate to Canada: you are collectively more educated. With the kind of education you guys have, you can better the Sikh influence in Canada. Also, there are way more opportunities to fill up in Canada than there are available in Britain. You don't all have to immigrate to Ontario or Vancouver (where there are problems with Sikhs that you have identified which will smooth over in a generation or two), you can go to other provinces and establish influence there. Now is the perfect time to do so.

And it's not even about Muslims. I'm not saying you people should move away from the UK because of Muslims haha. I'm saying its better to pool our influence into one country than to be spread out sparsely. And Sikhs in Canada have the lead in terms of influence and leadership over their other Sikh counterparts, so it's better to migrate over there. I don't see what's wrong with this exactly, it's not like Britain is our ancestral jameen lol that we can't part from it. 

For many British Sikhs, the appeal of Canada would be the less proximity of Muslim or at least Pakistani Muslim. 

For many British Sikh, that factor alone would improve their quality of life.

However, once you get past that Canada does not hold much appeal.

For all the Sikhs from UK that do move to Canada, a large proportion do move back.

For the type of immigration you are looking for to make the impact you think it would make, something drastic would need to hapen in the UK.