Why aren't British Sikhs as active/engaged as their Canadian counterparts in politics?

TejS

22 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

These types of countries are only transit countries.

The goal is to get citizenship and then move to the northern EU countries. 

The resentment in part  from the local Italians can be attributed from all the Mediterranean crossings with boats regularly capsizing from Libya. 

Their country has been swamped. 

There's also a definite sense of... I'm not sure if "racism" is too strong a word, but there's a palpable sense of these native hosts considering themselves naturally superior to these brown immigrants, such as Indians, by virtue of existence. 

The locals also find the idea of immigrants seeking citizenship to be mind boggling, and they actually say to those guys quite openly, "But you'll never be Spanish / Italian." lol. It's not even said in a cruel way, but almost in exasperation or disbelief, like someone trying to fathom the inner workings of an alien species. Fascinating stuff.

It is interesting how YoYo is projecting the misdeeds of his co-religionists on to us. He complains about Sikhs discriminating in not allowing Dalit Sikhs into their Gurdwaras and yet in his Sohna Pakistan one sect of Muslim will happily bomb the mosque of another sect of Muslims. Imagine that, a Muslims will blow up qurans and other religious literature and yet if a Quran is 'disrespected' by being placed in a shelf below another book in a library this would likely cause a riot. Can you imagine if even a fake sect like the jhootha sadh kept the Guru Granth Sahib in his dera the Sikhs would not bomb it but resolve to remove the Guru Granth Sahib to a Gurdwara. That's the difference between a Muslim and a Sikh. Imagine if a group of Sikhs were say attacking non-Sikhs and enslaving their women and raping them using some justification from the Guru Granth Sahib. wouldn't the whole Sikh community be up in arms against them? Yet look at what ISIS has done to the Yazidis and the whole Muslim world just sits there bitching about how bad is is for Muslims around the world! 

2 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

There's also a definite sense of... I'm not sure if "racism" is too strong a word, but there's a palpable sense of these native hosts considering themselves naturally superior to these brown immigrants, such as Indians, by virtue of existence. 

The locals also find the idea of immigrants seeking citizenship to be mind boggling, and they actually say to those guys quite openly, "But you'll never be Spanish / Italian." lol. It's not even said in a cruel way, but almost in exasperation or disbelief, like someone trying to fathom the inner workings of an alien species. Fascinating stuff.

There is a divide in Italy, between the North and South.

The South being darker skinned ones and the Northern Italians being more fair skinned.

2 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

There is a divide in Italy, between the North and South.

The South being darker skinned ones and the Northern Italians being more fair skinned.

It is not the color of skin, it more that the north is richer and more economically advanced than the south. 

Bhayyas are discriminated against in Mumbai and Bangalore by the local people even though in many cases they are darker skinned than the Bhayyas. It is economics that determines the pecking order. If Africa used its riches productively and was properly governed the poor Greeks and Italians would be in ships crossing the Mediterranean to Africa as economic migrants!  

10 minutes ago, proactive said:

Bhayyas are discriminated against in Mumbai and Bangalore by the local people even though in many cases they are darker skinned than the Bhayyas. It is economics that determines the pecking order. If Africa used its riches productively and was properly governed the poor Greeks and Italians would be in ships crossing the Mediterranean to Africa as economic migrants!  

The Mediterranean people's have always been.very closely connected. 

10 hours ago, TejS said:

what makes you think the Sikhs, who historically have never been the aggressors, all of sudden would have unnecessarily wanted to instigate such a large community in the first place?

What makes me think ? well everthing you you mentioned from ghalugara , golden temple desceration etc all the more reasons for sikhs to attack muslims.
i think you have misunderstood my mentioning of lahore 1935 clashes.I was saying that sikh muslim rawalpindi riots should be seen in that context of sikh/muslim struggle in british period.These riots were limited to rawalindi.It was not like a a larger Muslim punjab plan to eradicate all sikhs from west punjab.if that has been the case there should have been more attacks on sikhs in other districts of punjab.Wheras we see a larger sikh plan in East Punjab to target whole community

10 hours ago, TejS said:

And the Sikh retaliation was not due to the Rawalpindi massacre. It was the large scale killings that Muslims started in West Punjab during August 1947,

first you made it sound like that every thing started with rawalpindi massacre and now you are saying this was in response to west punjab killings.kissay ek thaa te khaloo

10 hours ago, TejS said:

These are all your own assumptions based on your own prejudices.

not true.I have seen people on this forum giving this explanation for malerkotla muslims's staying in punjab.

9 hours ago, TejS said:

South Asian Islam is just Persian Islam haha. It's still not your own culture. 

Not a problem.Anyways  It's an improvement from your part at least you have come down from arabic islam to persian islam.Soon you will be able to see the difference in south asian islam Vis-à-vis others :p 

9 hours ago, TejS said:

South Asian Islam is just Persian Islam haha. It's still not your own culture. 

I don't need to do a survey of all Arabs,

Absolutely.You just love to generlize people.Should I also generlize the entire Sikh community for dicrmination some black sikhs face by your poeple in canadian gurudwara.i don't remeber that black sikhs name who made a video how he was discrminated in gurudwara. Should all sikhs be held accountable for this discrimination just like you love to make sweeping statments about arabs and other muslims ? 

9 hours ago, TejS said:

I don't even understand what a Muslim is doing on a Sikh forum in the first place lol!

Nothing wrong about knowing other people.There are sikhs on Muslim forums.Nothing wrong with that.

9 hours ago, TejS said:

Sikhs and Sikh issues should be the least of your worries as well, so adiós .

Ever thought of applying your advice on yourself ? if you read this thread from the start you will know who brought Muslims into that and started bringing other Muslim groups and their alleged discrimination into it and when i talked same discrimination happening right under your nose it did not sit well with you.Well,next time you wanna bring up discrimination in other groups you better make sure that you don't do any of this in your own home.

8 hours ago, TejS said:

Nice. Have fun propagating Arab culture for Arabs

Would you say the same to those African converts and others who change their names to Sikh Indian ones ? Would they be promoting Sikh Indian Punjabi culture ? I don't understand your fixation on Arabs.Every religion is gonna have elements of native culture where it developed.