Aesthetics & Vanity.

Gagan1995

17 minutes ago, MahadrasSingh said:

Interesting, I literally thought they must've been panjabis singing dogri geetah, even the instruments style and the videography scream 2000s panjab. 

True! I understood the geet very clearly, dogri is probably just a dialect! Im from doab, and most people in my city are from malwa, and I have trouble comprehending what they say at times, but these dogri songs gave me no problems.

48 minutes ago, Preeet said:

True! I understood the geet very clearly, dogri is probably just a dialect! Im from doab, and most people in my city are from malwa, and I have trouble comprehending what they say at times, but these dogri songs gave me no problems.

Even dogs are better than DOGRAS , am I right........................

Iv been on a train from Punjab to Maharastra and once your near Delhi people do start looking different! I think up to Delhi i saw many "nice" looking people, after Delhi people did start looking different, and i don't mean skinny people but their faces and features were different. 

That train journey was terrible! never again! the toilets were the most filthy thing iv seen in my life and the smell was sickening, its been half a year but my stomach turns when ever i remember it!   You can catch a disease on that train. got on the train at 9 am and reached there around 9pm the next day!  

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:51 PM, TejS said:

This is not the case at all. Punjabis, according to David Reich's study are pretty much homogenized when it comes to genetics, and we are all composed of the following genetic components: Steppe nomads (Aryans) + Iranian Neolithic farmers + Indigenous hunterers and gatherers. We do not have any Mughal/Turkic blood. None at all. 

Also, there's no such thing as our mother's side being indigineous. According to mtDNA (haplogroup passed on maternally) frequencies in Punjabis, almost 2/3 of us have our maternal heritage coming from West Eurasia. The whole concept of the male invader raping the female local is absurd. It was a collective mix. Think of it like an ancient United States, where people slowly mixed among each other.  

Ok. But Aryans and Iranians were also invaders. Or at least not indigenous.

And since Punjabis are some part indigenous, my point still stands. That we should not look down upon the indigenous. 

Btw, why do you think aryans are steppe nomads (which wouldn't that make them mongols, which the Mughals were?)

I think it makes more sense that aryans were Iranians because. The aryans had to travel through iran to get to india anyways from the steppes

22 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Ok. But Aryans and Iranians were also invaders. Or at least not indigenous.

And since Punjabis are some part indigenous, my point still stands. That we should not look down upon the indigenous. 

Who are you describing as indigenous? Dravidians? I hope you realize that the Iranian Neolithic Farmers were Dravidians. They were also "invaders". Or are you talking about the Australoid tribals, who "invaded" from Africa. Which population is indigenous?

Btw, why do you think aryans are steppe nomads (which wouldn't that make them mongols, which the Mughals were?)

The Aryans were steppe nomads. Haplogroups from burial sites prove this. The Mongols who are Turkic invaded the Eurasian steppe after descending from the Altai mountains and therefore displacing/mixing in with the the original "Aryan" population - the Uyghurs in China are an example of an Aryan/Mongol mix.

I think it makes more sense that aryans were Iranians because. The aryans had to travel through iran to get to india anyways from the steppes

The Aryans did not travel through Iran to get to India. The Aryans originated in the the Pontic-Caspian steppe and they descended down from there and reached Central Asia (the Hindu Kush), and they then split off into two distinct populations (the Indo-Aryans and the Iranics). Here is a map outlining all populations entering South Asia (the Yamnaya pastoralists are the Aryans, the Iranian agriculturists are Dravidians and the Indian hunter-gatherers are Australoid tribals):

aryan-migration.jpg?quality=80&strip=all