I wish that in the past Sikh British Prisoners 1849 - 1947 were sent to Australia.

Gagan1995

36 minutes ago, GareebSikh1699 said:

Guys far be it from me to spoil the fantasy dreams party but ...

... with all due respect ... instead of fantasising uselessly

... Let us all unitedly focus on 5 simple objectives like how we:

1. Ensure only one united Gurdwara per pind and locality

2. Ensure 99% of Sikhs avoid drugs and alcohol

3. Raise money to ensure 100% literacy amongst poor Sikh children

http://www.shdf.org/

4. Eradicate female infanticide as a phenomenon among Sikhs

5. Raise money to combat cancer amongst poor Sikhs in particular

I agree, presently there is no easy way to create our own country, but that should be the only goal. 

What you are mentioning are just some of the symptoms not the disease! Did you ever think why certain communities have drug issues and other social problems (e.g., black and native American community). Main reason is that they have nothing to be proud of and they don't see any future. 

Similarly, at present, Sikhs are not proud and don't see any future. Tell me what will you do if your Sikhs sisters have been raped and brother and sisters been killed, and the killers are roaming free and they tell Sikhs not to even stand up (in other words, they are kicking our turbans)

Put yourself in those shoes, then only thing left is denial, which can only achieved by drugs! 

Unless we get justice, and get our turbans back, the issues you are mentioning are not going away!

"Educate me on how you propose to fix the disease so I can learn".

I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, you have very good intentions, and I can respect that. Also, I am not doing anything constructive either. 

You mention that more Sikhs were killed during partition, but Sikhs took revenge/justice, we were able to keep our turbans. Similarly, in all other genocides, Sikhs fought back, and we have something to be proud of. Sikhs were very small in numbers even then, but that didn't stop Sikhs from dying for Justice (think about  Garja Singh). There was a time when Muslims (some Muslims) said that there is no Sikh left in Punjab, but Sikhs fought back and were able to form Khalsa Raj. Sikhs in those times didn't think how small their percent is compare to the majority. 

There is only one answer: as mentioned by Guruji and Sant ji; when there is no other way to get justice then the use of sword is the most pious thing to do. 

Answer: Either we get the justice or we die fighting for Justice. 

13 hours ago, acsap said:

"Educate me on how you propose to fix the disease so I can learn".

I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, you have very good intentions, and I can respect that. Also, I am not doing anything constructive either. 

You mention that more Sikhs were killed during partition, but Sikhs took revenge/justice, we were able to keep our turbans. Similarly, in all other genocides, Sikhs fought back, and we have something to be proud of. Sikhs were very small in numbers even then, but that didn't stop Sikhs from dying for Justice (think about  Garja Singh). There was a time when Muslims (some Muslims) said that there is no Sikh left in Punjab, but Sikhs fought back and were able to form Khalsa Raj. Sikhs in those times didn't think how small their percent is compare to the majority. 

There is only one answer: as mentioned by Guruji and Sant ji; when there is no other way to get justice then the use of sword is the most pious thing to do. 

Answer: Either we get the justice or we die fighting for Justice. 

Did they fight the pommies to get their raj back?

On July 18, 2018 at 5:30 AM, GareebSikh1699 said:

No thing is ever lost if there exists the potential to recreate it. Rather than hark back to what could have been why not work for what can be? We have the power to change the present to make a better future but we have no power to change the past to make a better present.  If we lost Khalsa Raj in 1849 then why do we not work to create another Khalsa raj in the future. The above are some of the things we can concentrate on so that the Khalsa Raj becomes more and not less likely. 

Our people have so much potential that if Khalsa Raj was to be created in just the present Punjab today then within the next 15-20 years it would become a first world country and leave India far behind. All our people need is a good government and a safe environment and there is nothing that we cannot achieve. 

The first step is to defeat the cynicism that we have allowed to develop in ourselves, the responses of 'we can't even run a Gurdwara let alone a country' that invariably gushes forth when confronted by the possibility of being free and sovereign. Once that cynicism is passed then the possibilities are endless. 

Guest GuestSingh
On 7/18/2018 at 5:30 AM, GareebSikh1699 said:

Points 2, 4 and 5 can be achieved through just point 3 which is the key imo.

Almost all Sikhs today (inc. myself) all over the world are nowhere near as loving, devoted and strong in their faith and keeping discipline as the great ones in the past but what we can do is adapt and focus on education. By exposing the poor youth/elders to eastern and western knowledge, their thinking will change and they will see a purpose in life i.e. a job to provide for their family.

This could reduce or even avoid use of drugs and alcohol....and when the uneducated/misinformed see females in professional jobs, they would see they have worth and start to think differently.

With land so low in groundwater and already infected with pollutants and cancerous toxins/chemicals, there must be investment in farming/infrastructure otherwise Panjab could soon become the land of no rivers. Water is the source of life - without it, what can exist?

There are a couple of organic farming initiatives in Panjab and throughout the country but more could be made. By growing good vegetables/fruit in season along with nuts/seeds and  herbs/spices, they would have sustenance to stay alive but natural medicine to become stronger and reduce dependency on expensive treatment. Food is medicine. That could reduce point 5.

Now please can we just focus on helping on our own first. You say we shouldn't fantatise uselessly but aren't you doing that when saying sarbat da bhalla,  Sikhi for billions etc. when many of those billions do not give a damn about us? None whatsoever. Many living in the west aren't living with the same pain as those in poverty so why see them as equal? Put our people who are suffering and in need first. This goes for anyone, especially those in the west who don't even bother to practice and keep Sikhi - they look silly and can't be taken seriously in my eyes. Start to have a bit of love for Sikhi then say something.

If this was ever achieved then point 1 could become the main focus for Sikhs....

Feel we need to regroup and become stronger as a community rather than try to tackle all our problems at once and become overwhelmed, confused and just give up.