I sometimes wish I would just go to the California forest build a cabin and leave society behind.

Gagan1995

I'm 23 and becoming an adult but looking at the future of spending 10 plus hours at work everyday terrifies me. That and taxes I'm going to have to pay , no free days , mortgages, bills & etc. I'm going to become a Police Officer and the pay is great but in the back of my head , I hate the thought of working and wasting my life doing it. That's why sometimes I waste money on lottery tickets, day dreaming about being a millionare and never having to worry about money. Now sometimes I dream about going to into the Santa Cruz Forest and building a little Cabin and living my life as a hermit . I would bathe and fish in the sea and find fruits and berries in the trees . Though this is just a day dream , it's a pretty nice one to have. I envy rich kids, lol. 

I daydream sometimes that I could somehow go to India without anyone knowing and just stay at darbar sahib for a little and go to baoli sahib at goibdwal sahib and attenpt to fulfill maharaj jis bachan. Also I daydream sometimes that I have a secret room in my house where only I know about and can go to without anyone knowing. Thatway I can have privacy as my house is overcrowded with people and I cant do rehras sahib without having to hear my grandmothers phone conversations across the room, or my siblings running all over. Anyways in regards to your post I ask: wont you have some vacation time for every year? You could just save an go to India and spend time at darbar sahib. Also I agree with you about careers .I dont like the idea of spending years to study just to begin doing a job and paying off the debt, but there arent too many paths in western society or in the rest of the world which provide much money without some formal education not to mention how the education can take up a good chunk of your youth years. This is also causing problems with people getting married. People get married at older ages here in the west and most developed countries and have children later. Also I noticed that a lot of the youth of these countries do not want to get married, or cant maintain a marriage and divorce, and in general have negative views about marriage. Also why dont you move somewhere where taxes are less. Maybe a different state in  open farmland where there would be less people and like having a cabin in a forest. It would also most likely be cheaper in terms of insurance and other costs. Also make your time useful at work by doing some simran. Sorry for all the random stuff lol.

3 hours ago, Gagan1995 said:

I can't just move, my whole life is here along with my family. In different states I would need licenses and certificates of the new states, plus cops don't get paid as well outside of the bayarea . Plus California has everything, it has forests , mountains  , ocean , open plains. I been to Yuba City for Nagar Kirtan , most of the city is just farm land , it was great. Sometimes I dream about moving to Washington, so I'll be closer to Canada/Vancover and just drive their and hang out in Surrey , that would be my dream. But the prospects of moving state lines is easier said than done. I'll probably become a cop in San Francisco and live an hr away in Santa Rosa. Houses their are " cheaper ' in the California sense. Plus the coast is not very far away. I love California but not the politicians who ruin it. 

it's probably the worst place to raise kids because they are considered state property to be pumped full of vaccines irrespective of health issues , religious or personal beliefs . The amount of violence against non-whites from police and the public is fairly high too.

9 hours ago, Gagan1995 said:

I'm 23 and becoming an adult but looking at the future of spending 10 plus hours at work everyday terrifies me. That and taxes I'm going to have to pay , no free days , mortgages, bills & etc. I'm going to become a Police Officer and the pay is great but in the back of my head , I hate the thought of working and wasting my life doing it. That's why sometimes I waste money on lottery tickets, day dreaming about being a millionare and never having to worry about money. Now sometimes I dream about going to into the Santa Cruz Forest and building a little Cabin and living my life as a hermit . I would bathe and fish in the sea and find fruits and berries in the trees . Though this is just a day dream , it's a pretty nice one to have. I envy rich kids, lol. 

why don't you become a chakarvarti Nihang Singh. create a group of chakarvarti Singhs which roam around like nomads and follow proper Khalsa rehit. No need to be trapped by society.