How to naam jap?

Guest Anon Kaur

Guest Anon Kaur

Fateh everyone. Quick question, what is the proper way to naam jap? Like for any bani that we do.. japji sahib, rehraas sahib, etc. I recently read that we are supposed to think as if Mahraj Ji is sitting right in front of us. Are we supposed to be singing like kirtan? I have such a terrible voice I don’t want to come off as disrespectful!? Is it wrong to just say it monotone? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2018 at 10:51 AM, Guest Anon Kaur said:

Fateh everyone. Quick question, what is the proper way to naam jap? Like for any bani that we do.. japji sahib, rehraas sahib, etc. I recently read that we are supposed to think as if Mahraj Ji is sitting right in front of us. Are we supposed to be singing like kirtan? I have such a terrible voice I don’t want to come off as disrespectful!? Is it wrong to just say it monotone? 

Pen Jee,

in our bhakti towards Him, it is our intense love for Him which counts only.

He does not see whether we have a good voice or not, or if we are handsome or not, whether we are rich or not.

Repeat  lovingly Waheguru slowly in your mind and pay attention as if someone is repeating it, and you are listening to it,  how it is pronounced.

Start with  15 minutes, by His kirpa you may increase the time gradually, but above all do it  in a selfless way, without any expectations, just as beggar stands at the door of a king to get some biksha.

In a similar way, when we do His bhakti of His simran, means we are nothing,  we are smashing our ego, and telling Him, Waheguru,  only you are. That is selfless bhakti, nishkam bhakti.

Then when we are not, and only He is, ocurrs something most wonderful, we have become one with Him, which is the purpose of our bhakti, of Wahiguru Akal purukh.

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal.

Guest Satnaam simran
22 minutes ago, harsharan000 said:

Pen Jee,

in our bhakti towards Him, it is our intense love for Him which counts only.

He does not see whether we have a good voice or not, or if we are handsome or not, whether we are rich or not.

Repeat  lovingly Waheguru slowly in your mind and pay attention as if someone is repeating it, and you are listening to it,  how it is pronounced.

Start with  15 minutes, by His kirpa you may increase the time gradually, but above all do it  in a selfless way, without any expectations, just as beggar stands at the door of a king to get some biksha.

In a similar way, when we do His bhakti of His simran, means we are nothing,  we are smashing our ego, and telling Him, Waheguru,  only you are. That is selfless bhakti, nishkam bhakti.

Then when we are not, and only He is, ocurrs something most wonderful, we have become one with Him, which is the purpose of our bhakti, of Wahiguru Akal purukh.

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal.

Nice post 

Simran kills the mind so that eventually we can just Feel within our being. That's living by the heart- where He resides

Sit at 12:30am for around 2.5 hours, do ardas, relax and hear the ringing sound (anhad naad) 

Relax and let the Samadhi(meditation) take you.

Go deep into it, into the silence (sunn) 

Enjoy it. God bless you 

On 7/20/2018 at 10:51 AM, Guest Anon Kaur said:

You are not going to find the answer you want from a forum since people that actually are in tune to Naam do not waste their times doing such activities. If you want an answer you must seek out those that have actually attained that level.