Sikhs to get ethnic status in British census forms in 2021.

Gagan1995

That's really good ! I had no idea that so many sikhs ticked other for ethnicity  i always tick the "British Indian" option  haha 

I'm gonna do other from  now on.  I think more sikhs should tick other and write sikh as their ethnicity   

This is a good thing from a society standpoint.  Sikhs can have there issues heard and hopefully addressed.

Its only an ethnic group for the sake of having Sikh issues heard.  Other than that nothing has changed for Sikhs.  

Sikhs should be looking at other ramifications due to this change.  Will the government be able to have say on how we run our Gurdwaras and how we run our practices like Anand karaj.  Will it be discrimination if a non Sikh is not allowed to do Anand karaj.  Because now it would seem as we are not allowing another ethnic group equal rights.

There should be a note right in the census policy on why Sikhs are being labelled as an ethnic group.

This will prevent social justice warriors like sunny hundal from using the discrimination card against Sikhs.  And we know he will not hesitate to call Sikhs with any bad label.  He hates his own skin.

1 hour ago, MahadrasSingh said:

I dont know im kind of skeptical on identifying Sikhs as a race. Sikhi is a dharam, if we classify our people as an ethnic group it might make conversion harder as people assume "oh their an ethnoreligion guess I cant join them", and we might end up turning into the "Gods chosen people" dogma that abrahamic faiths encounter. But then again we do have some traits of an ethnic gtoup as the majority of us are north indian, but thats about it. 

But Jews come from all different countries  black  white ,middle eastern  and even indian   yet they still identify themselves as an ethnic group I think 

4 hours ago, MahadrasSingh said:

I dont know im kind of skeptical on identifying Sikhs as a race. Sikhi is a dharam, if we classify our people as an ethnic group it might make conversion harder as people assume "oh their an ethnoreligion guess I cant join them", and we might end up turning into the "Gods chosen people" dogma that abrahamic faiths encounter. But then again we do have some traits of an ethnic gtoup as the majority of us are north indian, but thats about it. 

Only a Sikh would have those kind of self-doubts, if any other religious group had this opportunity they would take it with both hands.

Guest GuestSingh
7 hours ago, MahadrasSingh said:

Sant Jarnail Singh ji himself said that Sikhs are a separate nation and separate race, that we're different to others yet they still travelled across the country and the oppressed still converted....

23 hours ago, MahadrasSingh said:

True but they aren't a dominant religious group (discounting globalist zionists). Maybe we can say the khalsa becomes its own group as the gursikhs renounce worldly maya to join.

I just think this will bring some unity among us and show everyone that we have our own identity, and if 83,000 sikhs refused to be identified as Indians and wrote Sikh as their ethnicity then thats how it should be!  i was actually surprised with the figure 83 000! that is a large number of people.