Thoughts on Buddha ?

Gagan1995

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

you have to give it to the buddhist monks though. Perhaps the only dharmic religion with a zeal to convert lol .

Sikhs will donate money from their pockets instantaneously when the next sunday nashta at gurdwara has kheer pude . It just happened today lmao . 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
8 hours ago, FreshMind13 said:

ਅਥ ਬਊਧ ਅਵਤਾਰ ਤੇਈਸਵੌ ਕਥਨੰ ॥
Now begins the description of the twenty-third Buddha incarnation
ਚੌਪਈ ॥
CHAUPAI
ਅਬ ਮੈ ਗਨੋ ਬਊਧ ਅਵਤਾਰਾ ॥
ਜੈਸ ਰੂਪ ਕਹੁ ਧਰਾ ਮੁਰਾਰਾ ॥
Now I describe the Buddha incarnation as to how the Lord assumed this form
ਬਊਧ ਅਵਤਾਰ ਇਹੀ ਕੋ ਨਾਊ ॥
ਜਾਕਰ ਨਾਵ ਨ ਥਾਵ ਨ ਗਾਊ ॥੧॥
Buddha incarnation is the name of that one, who has no name, no place and no villate.1.
ਜਾਕਰ ਨਾਵ ਨ ਠਾਵ ਬਖਾਨਾ ॥
ਬਊਧ ਅਵਤਾਰ ਵਹੀ ਪਹਚਾਨਾ ॥
He, whose name and place are not described, he is only known as the Buddha incarnation
ਸਿਲਾ ਸਰੂਪ ਰੂਪ ਤਿਹ ਜਾਨਾ ॥
ਕਥਾ ਨ ਜਾਹਿ ਕਲੂ ਮਹਿ ਮਾਨਾ ॥੨॥
No one has accepted his sayings in the Iron Age, who visualizes the beauty only in stone (idols).2.

ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥
DOHRA
ਰੂਪ ਰੇਖ ਜਾਕਰ ਨ ਕਛੁ ਅਰੁ ਕਛੁ ਨਹਿਨ ਆਕਾਰ ॥
Neither he is beautiful nor he does any work
ਸਿਲਾ ਰੂਪ ਬਰਤਤ ਜਗਤ ਸੋ ਬਊਧ ਅਵਤਾਰ ॥੩॥
He considers the whole world like stone and calls himself the Buddha incarnation.3.
ਇਤਿ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਬਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਨਾਟਕ ਗ੍ਰੰਥੇ ਬਊਧ ਅਵਤਾਰ ਤੇਈਸਵੋ ਸਮਾਪਤਮ ਸਤੁ ਸੁਭਮ ਸਤੁ ॥੨੩॥
Here ends the description of Buddha Incarnation in Bachittar Natak.23.

Okk , so since we're talking about Mahatma Buddh now , I have a question that bugged me for long.

Buddha was aparently made the 9th avatar of vishnu to absorb buddhism into hinduism thereby destroy buddhism in india. Or so I heard lol . 

So if buddha was not truly the avatar of vishnu, why would guru sahib quote him as avatar in dasam granth. I used to wonder this. So guru sahib couldn't see the ploy of bahmans .??!!!!

but after reading ur post, I think the 'buddh avatar' is not same as gautam buddha of buddhism . Guru ji is talking of some other buddh avatar here 

1 hour ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

For god's sake sake , and to other posters here too , lets not slander a saint . Yes that what buddha was . A brahmgiani . And if you still wanna slander a saintly person, then first read the punishments mentioned in 13th ashtapadi of sukhmani sahib. 

How many of you , if you were born in a royal family and a newly wed life with a son , would be brave enough to foresake all of it and wander in forests , that too without a guru , to search for the higher truths of life. Well buddha did that and while I don't consider him a role model , he got his fair share of respect . 

Buddha seriously did a lot of tapp . There's a famous story about him. He tried all different meditations . Back then , ppl either used to starve themselves to almost death in spiritual pursuits or were over-indulgent in pleasures and luxuries. Buddha tried to starve himself though , and got so weak that once he fell while walking . As it was kismat, a music student and his teacher was passing from nearby . The music student asked his teacher "Sir , how much should we keep the tension in the cords of this plucked instrument?" . "Not so much that the string breaks, and not so little that no melody is generated. Not too much , not too little, but moderate" replied the teacher.

Buddha overheard this conversation and he finally found his way . Not too much of giving pain to body , not too little by being complacent. He finally reached the site of bodh gaya and after doing intense nonstop tapasya under a fig tree, he at the next amritvela attained brahmgyaan. 

In his own words 

"this is my last birth, I shall never be born again" .

Buddha rejected varna vyavastha (caste system) of the indian society back at a time when caste system of 4 varnas was not even deeply entrenched . He said "By one's karma , one obtains a caste, not by birth".

So buddha's way is still referred today as "middle way" , a way of moderation , but it still required one to foresake sansar and go to forests and leave one's family.

Guru Nanak dev ji maharaj further incremented on this and said moderate is the key but you can stay with your family and still achieve this.

He wasn't brave. He was a coward who couldn't face the harsh realities of life and left his family to suffer while he escaped to the jungles

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
42 minutes ago, JSinghnz said:

He wasn't brave. He was a coward who couldn't face the harsh realities of life and left his family to suffer while he escaped to the jungles

harsh realities of life ? he was a friggin king with a big kingdom . 

PS : you're sounding like an <banned word filter activated> !! no offense 

So a friggin King with a big kingdom can't be a coward and escape the harsh realities of life?

Are you always that dumb or is it a special occasion today?

Buddhism and Sikhism are very very similar...Same things said differently 

sikhism there is no God because he has no form or name.  Buddhism no God

Sikhism and buddhism again all about the mind...gurbani repeat advice to the man eg mereh man

the word nirvana comes in gurbani as well

There's no doubt that Buddha was a man of great disapline and meditation. Like when he was meditating and close to achieving enlightenment the demon mara wanted to distract Buddha so mara sent his three sexy curvaceous daughters to seduce Buddha but they failed! He then sent ghosts and demons to scare Buddha but that too failed, after remaining concentrated in his meditation and not getting distracted by Mara's tricks Buddha achieved enlightenment.

It takes a man of great disapline not to get distracted by 3 sexy curvy women crawling towards you! Most men today would fail!   

Many of his teachings are similar to sikhi like how he said the root of all suffering is ego     

6 minutes ago, puzzled said:

There's no doubt that Buddha was a man of great disapline and meditation. Like when he was meditating and close to achieving enlightenment the demon mara wanted to distract Buddha so mara sent his three sexy curvaceous daughters to seduce Buddha but they failed! He then sent ghosts and demons to scare Buddha but that too failed, after remaining concentrated in his meditation and not getting distracted by Mara's tricks Buddha achieved enlightenment.

It takes a man of great disapline not to get distracted by 3 sexy curvy women crawling towards you! Most men today would fail!   

Many of his teachings are similar to sikhi like how he said the root of all suffering is ego     

Most men except AjeetSinghPunjabi. 

He cannot be swayed by 3 curvaceous women.???