Alexandra Aitken , daughter of disgraced English MP, and a Sikh Convert going nuts in a Gurdwara.

Gagan1995

6 hours ago, puzzled said:

I remember seeing this video a few years back       She's an absolute b!tch, the Punjabi ladies were very tolerable 

Where's this psycho b!tches husband anyway? Didn't she marry some singh? 

she is your sister so cut out the language , ta . She was Married and stayed with her husband for some months but when they wanted her to be like typical domesticated wife she felt constricted by the role and wanted to be a free agent to do her bhagti as she saw fit . There was a seperation I am not sure if there was a divorce . But she did come back to UK , this video is way old so Waheguru knows what she's up to now. This is white privilege talking in the video , she's from money

19 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

she is your sister so cut out the language , ta . She was Married and stayed with her husband for some months but when they wanted her to be like typical domesticated wife she felt constricted by the role and wanted to be a free agent to do her bhagti as she saw fit . There was a seperation I am not sure if there was a divorce . But she did come back to UK , this video is way old so Waheguru knows what she's up to now. This is white privilege talking in the video , she's from money

Aside from the rights and wrongs of her dodgy rant, the above in bold is why there's cynicism for the pious act portrayed by so many apne. Behind closed doors there's little difference between the believers and the lax. Punjabiyat rules.

4 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Aside from the rights and wrongs of her dodgy rant, the above in bold is why there's cynicism for the pious act portrayed by so many apne. Behind closed doors there's little difference between the believers and the lax. Punjabiyat rules.

she was happy as long as she could do what her husband was doing i.e. travelling with the nihang jatha to various gurdwarey and do sewa there. Soon as they said settle down and stay with mum in the inlaws house whilst he carried on doing his same routine, that's when the chickens came home to roost and she said no .

It's a fairly common thing for inlaws and even parents get on girl's cases if they show 'too much' interest in Bhagti- Parents :do it in your own house In-laws: no time to do it here , your duties take priority .   Have friends who have been told by their inlaws that their bhagti is an intrusion so cut it out , it is sad in the extreme especially when you are teaching your daughters that they are equal in bhagti rehit to guys .

Very few punjabi sikhs get the idea that a pious mother to their grandbabies will mean better chances of praiseworthy characters . But like OP of the Family thread said they prefer girls who promote similar bad behaviour that they have .

46 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

she was happy as long as she could do what her husband was doing i.e. travelling with the nihang jatha to various gurdwarey and do sewa there. Soon as they said settle down and stay with mum in the inlaws house whilst he carried on doing his same routine, that's when the chickens came home to roost and she said no .

It's a fairly common thing for inlaws and even parents get on girl's cases if they show 'too much' interest in Bhagti- Parents :do it in your own house In-laws: no time to do it here , your duties take priority .   Have friends who have been told by their inlaws that their bhagti is an intrusion so cut it out , it is sad in the extreme especially when you are teaching your daughters that they are equal in bhagti rehit to guys .

Very few punjabi sikhs get the idea that a pious mother to their grandbabies will mean better chances of praiseworthy characters . But like OP of the Family thread said they prefer girls who promote similar bad behaviour that they have .

You have to ask yourself what the husband was expecting from a well-heeled white girl from a somewhat privileged background when he decided to marry her? Did he think the power of Amrit was going to turn her into an obedient Punjabi housewife overnight? More fool him for marrying her without thinking through the implications of what he was getting himself into.

• 8 months later...

Honestly, the "Nihang Singh" should have never married the kurri. Poor thing is just a lost soul, some of us go into religion to find meaning in our lives and then we meet people who turn us away from it or push us down the wrong path.

I married a nutter, and honestly some days, I feel Sikhism is the only thing that keeps me mentally sane, you marry the wrong person, life becomes a living hell and drudgery.