FYI

BIOMETRICS.PNG

ok  I have been to Brazil in 2016  no scanned fingers

USA 2016 Yes scanned

Germany 2015 mid transit

France 2015 Not sc anned

Italy 2015 Not scanned

Netherlands every other month for two years No scan

UK I have the biometric 1st gen passport we'll see in 2019 what they require off me

India 2015 no scan  2017 no scan

Maybe EU passport holders don't have to submit fingers if they already have a biometric one from their member state .

On 8/2/2018 at 12:11 PM, JSinghnz said:

:shock:)) don't worry be happy man!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should have been there in Delhi in 84. 

As for the evacuations. The buildings are in horrible condition. I agree they need to be torn down.  If they remain and crumble on their own, then we would have blamed government for it. However, the govt should provide some sort of assistance to these families while new homes are found. 

Prime land owned by government. State government motive is bigger than the safety concern. People own those flats. Fault is with the folks living in them as they didn't have any association to take care of the building and in article they admit and clearly stated that their grandfathers/fathers were not educated to think ahead. 

unable to redevelop their buildings because the state government has not granted them a no-objection certificate.

They want to re-develop it privately but again govt is the one that is not giving them no-objection certificate, so this kills the govt empathy of safety issue.

I cannot remember the name of the slum in Mumbai (the one that is the biggest in Asia).

It is prime real estate and there are several million people living there. I know that the municipal government wants to get them moved out so they can demolish and re-develop it.

@AjeetSinghPunjabi being local boy there should have some unique insight .

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
17 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I cannot remember the name of the slum in Mumbai (the one that is the biggest in Asia).

It is prime real estate and there are several million people living there. I know that the municipal government wants to get them moved out so they can demolish and re-develop it.

@AjeetSinghPunjabi being local boy there should have some unique insight .

ya its called dharavi . But the mumbai partition refugees live a few kilometers away from that slum area . 

that refugees place is famous for big gurudwaras popular all over mumbai sangat and have sizeable sikh population. 

Gurudwara Dashmesh darbar for instance is believed by many, incl my parents to fulfil wishes lol . so many flock there.