Guest whats the point

Guest whats the point

Hello,

I am 21, since i was 15 my life has gone downhill. I am not a baptised Sikh. I have a rare skin disease which has left my back and other parts of my body heavily scarred and difficult to even look at. I broke my leg months before my GCSE exams and was bed ridden for months, even now my knee is not completely fine. I have OCD (not the fake ocd like you see in social media) where I have horrible intrusive thoughts 24/7 and I find it difficult to even do prayers. I have done prayers for the past year every day in the morning. I used to recite chaupai sahib but now can only listen as my intrusive thoughts say bad things about the Guru and Waheguru so I'm too ashamed to recite it, I also try to say thanks and ask for help from the Guru and Waheguru and I do Naam Simran and Mool Mantar. Things just keep getting worse. My 'manhood' is also below average. Due to all of these things adding up I've put on a lot of weight as I can't motivate myself to do anything and I feel so cursed.  I cry most days and constantly think of suicide. I have tried asking for help on other forums but they all think I am a troll which just pushes me closer to ending it all. I will never be able to enjoy my life and do things a normal man would. things keep getting worse for me. I have been to Gurdwara's in India and have asked for help from the Guru and Sikh Saints. Nothing is helping. If anyone can explain why this is happening and the best way to rid myself of most of this I would be greatful. I know to be a Sikh you must accept Waheguru's decisions but I find it difficult as my life is falling apart.

Please someone help. 

WJKK WJKF

Guest Gupat

Everyone has thier own problems in life.

Try to focus on your SOUL. Your soul is all powerful, perfect, peaceful, without pain or suffering, positive energy. When you focus on soul you will get strength to do anything.

Imagine Guru Arjan Dev Ji sitting on hot plate with boiling sand being poured over them, the power to endure came through Soul/meditation

Do good sangat too, your local gurdwara or wherever you can find it

Your still very young, your 21! still got a long way to go bro. concentrate on your weight, don't let yourself go. the way we look on the outside has a big impact on our mind, so try to stay healthy and fit. if you don't want to go gym buy a skipping rope and start skipping in your garden, you will feel good about yourself and results will start showing fast. don't let yourself go. try to see the positive in everything, if we only concentrate on the negative then our life becomes negative but if we try to see the positive in everything then everything starts appearing positive. smiling is important too! and keep faith in guru ji, share your feelings, your needs and wants with guru ji share your sadness and happiness with guru ji, involve guru ji in your day to day life.  remember you are precious to guru ji, he chose you to be born into his panth! from all the billions of people in the world guru ji chose you to be part of his family, thats why you are a sikh today.  skin conditions are common, i myself have eczema near my knee and that area of my leg has gone darker. try to accept your flaws rather than battling with them, once you accept your flaws then what is there for you to worry about? nothing 

On 8/2/2018 at 4:21 PM, Guest whats the point said:

Hello,

I am 21, since i was 15 my life has gone downhill. I am not a baptised Sikh. I have a rare skin disease which has left my back and other parts of my body heavily scarred and difficult to even look at. I broke my leg months before my GCSE exams and was bed ridden for months, even now my knee is not completely fine. I have OCD (not the fake ocd like you see in social media) where I have horrible intrusive thoughts 24/7 and I find it difficult to even do prayers. I have done prayers for the past year every day in the morning. I used to recite chaupai sahib but now can only listen as my intrusive thoughts say bad things about the Guru and Waheguru so I'm too ashamed to recite it, I also try to say thanks and ask for help from the Guru and Waheguru and I do Naam Simran and Mool Mantar. Things just keep getting worse. My 'manhood' is also below average. Due to all of these things adding up I've put on a lot of weight as I can't motivate myself to do anything and I feel so cursed.  I cry most days and constantly think of suicide. I have tried asking for help on other forums but they all think I am a troll which just pushes me closer to ending it all. I will never be able to enjoy my life and do things a normal man would. things keep getting worse for me. I have been to Gurdwara's in India and have asked for help from the Guru and Sikh Saints. Nothing is helping. If anyone can explain why this is happening and the best way to rid myself of most of this I would be greatful. I know to be a Sikh you must accept Waheguru's decisions but I find it difficult as my life is falling apart.

Please someone help. 

WJKK WJKF

Guest Singh347216
43 minutes ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

I am going through the same as i have got ptsd ocd depression. Since reading this thread title i i am not gonna lie that i have been watching more suicide death vids now. 

But going back to the original poster of the thread you need to see your dr as you need to be referred to a psychiatrist who can give you antidepressants as i am on them since they hear the suicide word they will jump as its the only way for them to help you as doctors are really lazy. Hopefully you will get put onto counselling or other ways to deal with your problems. 

I have had these feelings since i was 17 and i wish i told my dr about it back then but its better to be late than never. 

From my experince the best is to see a psychiatrist and the dr gp as from what i have seen all cbt, psychologists, counsellors, therpists are pure 100% as they just talk and talk like a radio. You will need medication to help your brain chemicals so its best to see a psychiatrist. Just because antidepressants have a bad reputation doesn't mean they don't work.   

Fateh ji, definitely having ptsd, ocd, and depression will bring about tough challenges in your life. Going to a doctor to get antidepressants may help a lot or alittle, but turning to Guru Sahib in difficult times is really crucial while fighting through the mental and health issues you are currently facing. Try to avoid watching suicidal videos as much as possible because your mind will be attached and influenced on what you see. Try to take some time to listen to gurbani in a quiet place alone or even take a trip to gurdwara to partake in seva. Trust me most Sikh teenagers go through depression and other issues that affect them mentally wise too. On top of that, you do have ptsd and ocd so your personal struggles are very detrimental to your mental health. Keep the faith and stay strong, I truly hope you overcome these daily struggles. We have to come strong and tackle these issues with gurbani and seva alongside with medications given to us by doctors

Seeing your reference to pure OCD (Intrusive thoughts) reminded me of this article OP https://www.theschooloflife.com/thebookoflife/pure-ocd-and-intrusive-thoughts/

It's a truly horrific condition...but many, many people do get better. Don't be ashamed of these thoughts, accept them and, by doing good things in your life (whether helping others or getting yourself in better physical or spiritual condition), you will start feeling better.

Best wishes

Guest GuestSingh

Don't feel alone, brother - we all have intrusive thoughts but not everyone admits to it, so don't feel ashamed or hopeless....at least you've had the courage to say it.

All of us know how difficult the mind is to control...it can torment, cause everyday to be a battle and make life a misery at times - unfortunately the more we resist, the stronger the thoughts...but we can help ourselves.

Found some similar threads...everyone responds to potential solutions differently so you might find something that helps you.

https://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/62920-severe-ocd-bad-unwanted-thoughts/&

https://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/67642-strange-questionlooking-for-answers-serious/&

https://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/73319-i-really-need-your-advice/&

https://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/77115-i-think-i-have-ocd-and-i-need-the-sangats-advice/&

https://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/81530--/&

Guest See a counseller
On 8/2/2018 at 6:21 PM, Guest whats the point said:

NHello,

Please someone help. 

WJKK WJKF

You need to see a counseller. Period. 

Add your spiritually to this. 

But SEE A COUNSELLER ASAP.