Guest whats the point

Author: KulbirSingh Date: 10-17-01 11:28
To answer this question we first need to understand how the system of karma works. There is three kind of karma (karams)
 1) The actions that we are currently.
2) The actions we did previously but we have
those karma yet.
3) The actions that we did previously and we
to suffer those in this life.
not suffered the consequences of
have been ordained by Vaheguru
Let us take an example of a bank account. Say prior to your birth in this life, you had total of 100 karma outstanding i.e. you haven't suffered consequence of 100 karma yet. At that point assume that Vaheguru ordained that since 100 karma are impossible to payoff in one lifetime, he decrees that you have to reap the fruits of 25 karma out of 100 karma.
The 25 karma that have been written on your forehead for this life cannot be changed and the gurbani pankitis like "Lekh naa matayee hay Sakhi, jo likhiya Kartaar" refer to these kind of karma (called Pralabhadh Karma).
The 75 karma outstanding and that have not been decreed by Vaheguru, are called Sanchit Karma and these karma are the first ones to burn when we do naam abhyaas. Pankitis like "Gur kaa shabad kaatay kot karam", (The shabad of Guru destroys tens of millions karma) pertain to these kind of karma.
The Pralabadh Karma (25 karma) cannot be erased but the effect of those karma can be minimized through baani. There are many saakhis to prove this. One of the saakhis is where Sooli (death by hanging) was changed to just a sool (small cut in foot) because of sangat of Guru Nanak Dev jee.
Based on our Pralabhad Karma (25 karma) we are put in situations and our reaction in those situations make up for our vartamaan karma i.e. the karma or actions that will determine our future. For example, based on our Pralabadh karma (25 karma) say you become poor and have lot of debt. One is poor because of his or her karma but if because of the situation arising from
Pralabadh karma, we start stealing or do other kind of sinful karma, will be building bad karma. We don't have any control over Pralabadh but we have freewill on how we are going to react in this situation.
then we karma
People talk about kismat, taqdeer or bhaag. Kismat, taqdeer of bhaag
nothing but our past karma. Our present condition is the direct reflection of our past karma. If one is rich, one is because of good karma in the past but most of the times, rich people end up in hell because where they become rich or king because of good karma, there they also commit a lot of sin when they become king or are at other places of authority. These bad karma done in the intoxication of authority or money leads them to hell. Our Tadbeer (present karma) shape our future just as our past karma shaped our present. In reality all that we have is present. Past is a dream and future is also a dream. The past was enjoyed or suffered as present and the future will be enjoyed or suffered by us as present So really all that exists is this moment of present. Everything else is now a dream.
Coming back to your question of suicide, say you are committing suicide because you have too much debt or you have been humiliated or raped. According to your karma you were supposed to suffer the aftermath of being
is

under debt, leading post-rape traumatic life or leading a post-humiliation period of life. If you beat your karma and commit suicide, you did not complete the cycle of your karma. This way you will have to go through the whole thing over again i.e. you will be raped or humiliated or whatever over again. On top of this you will incur the very bad karma of ending your life i.e. depriving yourself of salvation and insulting the gift of Vaheguru i.e. human body. On top of this you would be mocked on in dargah. They are all going to make fun of you and how you ended your life based on false suffering because everything in the world is fake. Such person will have hard time getting human form of life again.
My advice to you is to do more naam and baani in this time. There is nothing that cannot be resolved by the power of naam and gurbani. If you have grave problem, I suggest you go to next amrit sinchaar program and plead for help. They will do ardaas for you (if they will) and then there is nothing in the world that can stop your chardi kala.
I suggest you first speak to chardi kala walay 5 gurmukh elders in your community and then take the next step. One thing is for sure. Suicide is not a solution to anything. You will have to suffer everything all over again if you do so.
Gurmat is great and I am lowly person with lowly intelligence. It is quite possible that my writing up there contains serious misstatements about gurmat. Please let me know.
Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh
21 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

Harsharan, I know you mean well but in my opinion there is nothing more depressing and indeed anger-inducing then these generic 'life motivation' memes and videos.

To the OP I say this:  Things are good. You're good. You're beautiful. You're life is good and it will get even better. You have arms. You have legs. You have a roof over your head. You have food. You have a loving family. You can see the beautiful flowers and you can hear the beautiful birds. And, most importantly you have us....your friends. You will still get married and have children (size is completely irrelevant). You're just not seeing it but there is an aura of joy and happiness all around you. Stop looking for little negatives and start looking for that joy. It's already there and all around you. You are who you are and I for one like it. I like the honesty that you have. I like the empathy and feelings that you have. all the makings of one of the truly good people. I like you a lot and so do most others. Now it's just down to you to start liking yourself. We like you...you should like you too.

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

Do something that you truly love. For me, my passion is music and Vaheguru has given me the ability to sing but I am too scared to tell anyone about it lol. If you don't know what you love then explore different activities. Everyone has a talent you just need to find it. Spend more time with people you enjoy being around, people that make you laugh. This may sound silly but it works watch funny films Kevin Hart etc. If you put effort to enjoy life, life will give you joy back. Try to do paath and make your relationship with Vaheguru stronger. Regardless of your intrusive thoughts carry on praying. Vaheguru  will eradicate them for you.

VJKK VJKF

Hi

ADMIN and MODS, do you not know any professional psychiatrists you could refer these people to? You get so many suicide posts and threads, is this not a worry to you at all?

Surely if you have any compassion or human decency, you would refer these people to professionals?

You need to start taking these posts seriously, there's no point in glorifying posts like the ones in the what's happening sections when there are people here who need Actual Help. 

Please stay engaged on SikhSangat and try to seek out friends and sangat, but the most important thing at this point should be to seek out medical help from a medical professional.

These symptoms might be due to a physiological imbalance (and perhaps other things too), but please please reach out to your doctor and get help.

We're all here for you, it's never too late for anything.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 4:21 PM, Guest whats the point said:

Hello,

I am 21, since i was 15 my life has gone downhill. I am not a baptised Sikh. I have a rare skin disease which has left my back and other parts of my body heavily scarred and difficult to even look at. I broke my leg months before my GCSE exams and was bed ridden for months, even now my knee is not completely fine. I have OCD (not the fake ocd like you see in social media) where I have horrible intrusive thoughts 24/7 and I find it difficult to even do prayers. I have done prayers for the past year every day in the morning. I used to recite chaupai sahib but now can only listen as my intrusive thoughts say bad things about the Guru and Waheguru so I'm too ashamed to recite it, I also try to say thanks and ask for help from the Guru and Waheguru and I do Naam Simran and Mool Mantar. Things just keep getting worse. My 'manhood' is also below average. Due to all of these things adding up I've put on a lot of weight as I can't motivate myself to do anything and I feel so cursed.  I cry most days and constantly think of suicide. I have tried asking for help on other forums but they all think I am a troll which just pushes me closer to ending it all. I will never be able to enjoy my life and do things a normal man would. things keep getting worse for me. I have been to Gurdwara's in India and have asked for help from the Guru and Sikh Saints. Nothing is helping. If anyone can explain why this is happening and the best way to rid myself of most of this I would be greatful. I know to be a Sikh you must accept Waheguru's decisions but I find it difficult as my life is falling apart.

Please someone help. 

WJKK WJKF

waheguru its alright to feel this,

just know,

its alright to feel this.