Big_Tera

Ambarsar Visit by French couple

point is we  should set the tone of respect else you'll get those nasty types who bare their cheeks to take belfies (happened in Ankor wat temple)  or even as my Sons noted taking jokey selfies in the holocaust memorial ...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
8 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Point taken.

But they are on the outskirts of the religious complex. 

It is clear also that we have higher standards. 

That's just a quick search. The one girl is sitting on the wailing wall itself. 

It's not that I agree with their decorum, or that the Sangat should find it appropriate, it's that people will do just about anything anywhere. 

I dont think we have to worry. SGPC has a task force there. And those ppl r strict. They r the ones wearing yellow and carrying barshe. 

They stop ppl doing everything. My dad put his kashera to dry in the parkarmas. And they made him pick it up. 

Makes sense. I guess cuz sangat walks there

You would think that...

September 2017 my 3 month prgeant wife and I were in India. our hotel was close by to Sri Bangla Sahib so we went for the evening Katha and Kirtan. Being pregnant we were aware of our surroundings so we were trying to be careful, I kidn of whispered in her ear to move to the side to do Matha tekh - and was then slapped on the back by a sevadaar telling me to be quiet. Bearing in mind im a 6ft1 guy I was a little shocked of all things! We did Matha and I went back up the the sevaddar and asked her what the problem was. We were told that we were breaking gur Maryada by talking in the Darbaar - which in turn fair enough if we were wrong we were wrong but I drew her attention to the visitors (Tourists from India and Out) that had their backs to Maharaaj and taking lewd selfies for the gram and likes.

There was no response - our own institutions are too scared to say anything to tourists and non Sikh visitors just in case the 'maya' stops coming in. As I think someone else has said - you wouldn't go and take selfies like people do at Darbaar Sahib inside a Mandir or Masjid. We visited a Mandir in Delhi as part of our tour and were told specifically that all cameras (including phones) had to be left outside to protect the sanctity of the Mandir.

• Thanks 3