Reading gurbani makes me feel better but at the same time it makes me feel a bit strange

I don't know if its just me , its quite a paradox. The recurring theme of SGGS is that meditate on god , your family members aren't with you really ! 

I know this is elevating but at the same time the "temporary-ness" of everything is making me feel a bit sick the more I try to realize it . I guess it comes from the fact that we're used to living in a bubble of temporary world and take it for granted as permanent . However considering my parents getting older and I don't really "love" my wife, I feel more lonely . And despite SGGS saying that ultimately god is the only companion and not your family members, it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable that my parents probably won't be with me in a decade or more . 

Bro, that is the beauty of Gurbani, it awakens us  from our slumber, in which we are so deeply engrossed.

It awakens us, from the darkness of"koor maya" into the Light of Satnam, into the Jot of wahiguru Akal Purukh.

It is just like, a blind person´s sight is restored, he is told to slowly open his eyes, for maybe after being so long into darkness, the light may be sizzling in the begining, but as he slowly open his eyes,  he gradually gets used to it, and then his sight functions fully, and sees what he has been missing all this time.

In a similar way, when we go through the Bani with attention,  not as a parrot, but just as thirsty person wants water...

If we love the Bani, and sip each "boond of the Amrit" contained in it, then through His kirpa and our devotion and love at His Lotus Feet, we also, get detached from the mayavee creation, not by force, but in a natural manner with ease.

Then the more we dedicate ourselves to the Bani, the more and more we become bold, wise and fearless, for we start moving towards the Jot of Nam, of Satnam, of Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Then only, ultimately comes a time in the life of each sikh, where only he or  she, and our beloved Wahiguru Akal Purukh exist.

That is the only purpose of Guru Jee, our merging and being one with Him, through His bakshish, and our poor kachee bhakti, though.

Sat Sree Akal.