singh598

New BBC Documentary on Maharaj Duleep Singh

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
3 hours ago, puzzled said:

Interesting but I don't understand why some sikhs look up to him or see him as a iconic figure and the rest of it. I'v read his biography and his life was just full of sex, alcohol and gambling and near the end regrets. Even his daughters were better than him 

I agree.

Duleep Singh was deadweight.  And his "change of heart" towards the end of his life was fake and misleading.  His life was in ruins and he was desperate for money and status.  Does anyone really believe he got into Sikhi and had a spiritual reawakening?  If you do, I have a bridge to sell you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

I agree.

Duleep Singh was deadweight.  And his "change of heart" towards the end of his life was fake and misleading.  His life was in ruins and he was desperate for money and status.  Does anyone really believe he got into Sikhi and had a spiritual reawakening?  If you do, I have a bridge to sell you.

Absolutely, he supposedly got reintroduced to Sikhi when his mother Maharani Jind Kaur was given permission by the British to live with him in the UK and she touched his face(she was near blind) and was disappointed when she felt no dhari or dastar. He then apparently had a spiritual awakening and got back into Sikhi. That is a big fat lie. She most likely was horrified when she felt no beard or hair on him but he definitely did not go back to sikhi. Even if you look at photo's of him after rani jind kaurs death he is a monah with no dhari! He was given permission to take rani jind kaurs remains to Bombay and cremate her, on his way back he married some half Ethiopian/German Christian girl called Bamba. He was an alcoholic and hardly gave much time to his wife and kids and spent most his time with prostitutes and wasting money on gambling . His wife was penniless and rejected, she became depressed and started drinking heavily and died of liver failure. his kids were raised my nanys and didn't have much of a childhood. He had very little contact with his kids and never visited them, he only wrote a letter like once a year. He then went to France and wasted whatever money he had on more gambling and prostitutes and died with nothing!  his flop attempt to go back to Punjab and run "his" empire had nothing to do with Sikhi but was his hunger for wealth and status.   I really don't understand why some sikhs celebrate his life and have started giving him an important status! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Image result for maharaja duleep singh photos

That photo of him where he's fat and sitting on the chair is from the 1880s. That is way after rani Jind kaurs death, and he still has his dhari trimmed!   and that is one weird looking trim hahah! i think thats how Victorian goreh did their dharis.  he was a waste man and didn't give a toss about Sikhi  

ps  he aged really badly all that alcohol didn't do him any good

Edited by puzzled
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another important lesson to learn is how one documentary that appears factual is not.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, puzzled said:

his life was just full of sex, alcohol and gambling and near the end regrets. Even his daughters were better than him 

A  bit like his father then 

Edited by singh598
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, singh598 said:

A  bit like his father then 

LOL!  yes his father did have weaknesses but at least he did a lot for Sikhs. He was a humble man especially when it came to Sikhi.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2018 at 7:22 PM, Bundha said:

So, one of you would like to give Duleep Singh a thuppar and the rest of you would just diss him.  Must make you feel so big as Sikhs.

This was a 9 year old child who was ripped from his mothers arms, taken away from all that he loved and was isolated.

No mother, no family, no friends, no advisors, nobody to give him any guidance. He was surrounded by evil people who manipulated him for their own means, he had nobody  to turn to. They then set him up  with a paster. He manipulated him and slowly his brain was washed. He had no choice, he was a child surrounded by those who just used him. The british let him loaf about and do his thing, renovating his house etc but kept a close eye on him and never let him meet any other Sikhs.

Is this what Guru Nanak Dev Ji taught us? Did Guru Ji give Sujjan Tagh a thuppar?

Rather than say, if I met him  - I would give him a huge hug, taking away the pain and suffering he endured for all those years - you would give him a thuppar!

Where are your feelings as a Sikh? Your compassion, your empathy, your understanding of his situation? Is this what todays Sikhs are like ?

Edited by harkirat23
  • Like 1

The main thing is that he died a Sikh, how amazing is that ?

Of all the underhandedness, the deceit, the manipulation, the isolation, the brainwashing that he had to endure, BUT still he came back to his true father and died a Sikh, is that not amazing.

They converted him to Christianity and made him live his whole life as a Christian . Okay, he didn't live a true Sikh life, but can we blame him for what he went through? In the end he was our brother, our Singh, Guru-tha-piyara. Is that not something we should feel good about ?

Just look outside your window and you will see a dozen bozo's who are supposed to be Sikhs but look more like musslay, they have mothers and fathers, they have friends and family and good advisers, they go to Gurdwara yet they have not chosen Gurus path, Duleep Singh had no one, absolutely no one to lean on , no shoulder to cry on, all that pain and anguish pent up in him for all his life, yet at the end he became a Sikh, for whatever reason, he became our Bhai and died a sikh. I know you guys will never be happy, but is that not something you can maybe begrudgingly see was a pretty amazing thing ?

Edited by Bundha
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2018 at 7:22 PM, Bundha said:

So, one of you would like to give Duleep Singh a thuppar and the rest of you would just diss him.  Must make you feel so big as Sikhs.

This was a 9 year old child who was ripped from his mothers arms, taken away from all that he loved and was isolated.

No mother, no family, no friends, no advisors, nobody to give him any guidance. He was surrounded by evil people who manipulated him for their own means, he had nobody  to turn to. They then set him up  with a paster. He manipulated him and slowly his brain was washed. He had no choice, he was a child surrounded by those who just used him. The british let him loaf about and do his thing, renovating his house etc but kept a close eye on him and never let him meet any other Sikhs.

Is this what Guru Nanak Dev Ji taught us? Did Guru Ji give Sujjan Tagh a thuppar?

Rather than say, if I met him  - I would give him a huge hug, taking away the pain and suffering he endured for all those years - you would give him a thuppar!

Where are your feelings as a Sikh? Your compassion, your empathy, your understanding of his situation? Is this what todays Sikhs are like ?

Bundha dont make me also give you one of these!!

480624571-612x612.jpg

Edited by Big_Tera
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Bundha dont make me give you ones of these also

480624571-612x612.jpg

Image result for keyboard warrior

The truth is that a lot of facts about his life are still not known...for example he may have been regularly poisoned such as Osho was by the Americans