Sign in to follow this  
Premi5

Imran Khan 22nd Prime Minister of Pakistan

New Prime Minister of Pakistan.

What does this mean for Pakistan? India? And will it have any direct/indirect impact for Sikhs?

8 hours ago, Premi5 said:

New Prime Minister of Pakistan.

What does this mean for Pakistan? India? And will it have any direct/indirect impact for Sikhs?

No change, BAU.

Pakistan is ruled by the army.

Don't know but Pakistanis are very very happy! This 50+ Pakistani uncle at work showed me a video of Pakistanis celebrating the victory with a Pakistani woman doing a topless mujra with a big crowd of men pouring water all over her, while a patriotic song about Imran Khans win was playing at the back. It was very uncomfortable as the man showing me the video and grinning while watching it is old enough to be my father and has kids older than me. I really wanted to tell him i don't want to watch it but i didn't want to offend him or his culture as it was a video of his people celebrating the new era of Pakistan with Imran Khan as prime minister.  

But good luck to him ...

• Thanks 1

I remember reading a glossy book written by him about the Tribal areas of Pakistan in the 1990s and he had a couple of photos of the Sikhs of that area who being a small minority there one would have thought would have been easily missed in such a book. There is one issue about him which is that he has justified the Taliban actions in some statements. That's not good for any minorities in Afghanistan when NATO pulls out. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• healthy competition is fine but when you stop talking and get really violent over the joint khoo in the fields and the wall between the houses then that is a serious problem.  its jealousy and greed.   2 men from my mum shreek were about to start a fight with hammers and other farming tools in the fields  luckily my mums brother got there and stopped them.  things get really serious there  yh thaiya chachiya are the worse   they want to hog everything for their own kids,  they ruin the whole joint dynamic of the family.  my thia and chacha fell out and built a wall between their houses, their wives then used to get their kids to argue as well.    lol no joke but one day while my thaye was out, my chachi came around and destroyed my thayis chulla with a sledge hammer!  my thayi then rang us and was crying on the phone and said that she had to ask the neighbors for roti!   like what the hell were we supposed to do all the way from the uk!!!     these women are so venomous towards each other    
    • Yes I am aware of Shareeka.  I guess there is nothing wrong in some healthy competition and being inspired to improve yourself.  Personally speaking,  I have no problem with my Thaiyas kids or Chachas kids doing better than me. May they be prosperous in their endeavours.  When I look at the culprits of this kind of thing, it is usually some female in the background like a jealous thaiee or chachi.  If there is one thing I have learnt in life is that in general be a bit less trustful in your non-blood female relatives.
    • do you know about shareeka? people compete more with their shareeks than with anyone one else, it is so deep routed and obsessive!  people will put themselves in debt just to compete with their shreeka!   it plays such a huge part in society there and is so deep routed, i really cant get my head around it!  i understand it,  but the obsession that they have i really dont understand that! it part of the fabric of society.  but this competing with your shareeks isnt a new thing it goes decades back probably over a 100 years back 
    • I agreed with this fox guy when he appeared on question time cos not everything these crazy far left feminists or muslim activists say is classed as "white male privilege". but now he has shown his true White male privilege and far right white racist views when he complained about a sikh soldier being featured in the new movie 1917 as "forced diversity" in the movie industry. Had he had a brain or some intelligence he would have realised 83,000+ turbanned sikh soldiers died fighting shoulder to shoulder with allied forces in both world wars defending the UK in foreign lands they had no personal conflict with. It shows these white racists are  trying to go mainstream these days aided by stupid views of far left crazypot idiots causing people to become more tolerant to the alternative opposite views.  
    • One of things that leaves a sour taste in my mouth. How materialistic and individualist people have become.

Important Information

Terms of Use