What if Sikhism was one of the religions that spread by sword ? Would it have a few countries for itself by now ?

Not moral , nor something I encourage, but it makes for serious consideration . why islam and christianity both spread by sword are far more successful in their geo-political-demographic expansions and why sikhs are a shriveled lot today without a demographic/political ascendance 

Don't worry, Khalsa will rise when the time comes. 

Islam and Christianity might boast numbers but their quality is not high. 

Why does Sikhism need to be spread by sword? We only take weapons when it is right/just. If we spread by the sword, we would have a lot of poor quality adherents. 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
32 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Why does Sikhism need to be spread by sword?

I never said we should !! I think i already made it clear in the post

32 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

If we spread by the sword, we would have a lot of poor quality adherents. 

don't you think we already have ! 

On 8/26/2018 at 7:44 AM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Not moral , nor something I encourage, but it makes for serious consideration . why islam and christianity both spread by sword are far more successful in their geo-political-demographic expansions and why sikhs are a shriveled lot today without a demographic/political ascendance 

funny how you are looking at empty shells and seeing living faith when everyone knows those who play the numbers by the sword game only have cowards and the faithless as followers . Sikhi is better as it is , freedom of conscience and choice not forced on anyone. Those who come to sikhi do it with heart and eyes open ...
Frankly lately Ajeet you have been preoccupied lately with cussing down sikhi in threads for some mythical lack, if you like your buddies from the other faiths there's nothing to stop you from joining them ...

On 8/26/2018 at 10:37 AM, Premi5 said:

Don't worry, Khalsa will rise when the time comes. 

Islam and Christianity might boast numbers but their quality is not high. 

Why does Sikhism need to be spread by sword? We only take weapons when it is right/just. If we spread by the sword, we would have a lot of poor quality adherents. 

100%

look at maharaja ranjit singh era, his generals were bought out by the brits. They were not true khalsa. 

When the true khalsa rises, they will rule the entire world, khalsa raj. 

It has never been in the khalsa nature to fight for empire. I have been reading sikh history and it’s clear from it, that the khalsa take to the sword for defence of innocents and to uphold justice. Guru Hargobind Ji really did crush the Mughals like Babba Buddha Ji crushed an onion, but he never sought to establish kingdom. 

I disagree somewhat with the premise of this topic although not in the logic of it. What would've been more beneficial for our growth was the faith emerging in 969 instead of 1469. We missed the boat in many ways and unfortunately got caught up in a lot of historical and social nonsense that meant we were punching above our weight AND playing catch-up for centuries. Looking at the situation from a regional SE-Asian perspective isn't the total picture; need to glance further West to understand how their development (the Enlightenment, etc) impacted us, too. Sure, Sikhi emerged exactly when it was supposed to, but if we're conducting these mental exercises, then I'd argue it arrived a little later than it needed to for the sake of its future long-term prosperity.

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
On 8/31/2018 at 3:00 PM, MisterrSingh said:

I disagree somewhat with the premise of this topic although not in the logic of it. What would've been more beneficial for our growth was the faith emerging in 969 instead of 1469. We missed the boat in many ways and unfortunately got caught up in a lot of historical and social nonsense that meant we were punching above our weight AND playing catch-up for centuries. Looking at the situation from a regional SE-Asian perspective isn't the total picture; need to glance further West to understand how their development (the Enlightenment, etc) impacted us, too. Sure, Sikhi emerged exactly when it was supposed to, but if we're conducting these mental exercises, then I'd argue it arrived a little later than it needed to for the sake of its future long-term prosperity.

I see what you're thinking. I have thought about this sometimes. But short , sweet and factual answer to this is : "It was just destined to happen this way" . For a minute think of yourself as the creator of a game with millions of characters in it. Each character lives just for 10 minutes or so but the game runs for years ! The character is insignificant really , isn't it ? The character doesn't know what will happen 1 month from now (in the game) . But the creator of the game and the one operating it knows how exactly things and situations will develop and he can even alter it . Now that creator / operator is god. 

Guru Nanak dev ji himself perhaps have had lived hundreds of times before being born in 1469. Perhaps his birth in 1469 would have been birth of a baby, a blank slate as such , from a novice's point of view. But he was in fact collecting all the wisdom in all his previous birth. Must have been through the ups and downs of life, yielded to temptations like us ordinary mortals do , and after trial and error and god's will , he managed to collect all of that gyaan and being born in 1469 was not a blank state but rather someone who had brought a lot with him to now share with the world. Now ofcourse I have also heard Guru Nanak in some n'th previous life was the oil-press employee of King Janak's court, but I will not go in that direction.

You say if we were started in 10th century . Well don't you think our temples would have been plundered and destroyed the same way it happened with hindus then ? if we were born in 2nd century , don't you think Ashoka would have tortured us as he tortured those buddhist monks . If we were born in 3rd century , wouldn't we have seen our centres of learning destroyed and our learnt men killed and plundered and ultimately forced to exile as it happen with the buddhists under the brahamnical rulers. 

Truth is no time has ever been that nice ! not even ancient india 

edit :

As ridiculous as this may sound , I believe islam was more of a test of fire for sikhism if you look at the bigger picture. They were the ones who were previous to us (in global chronology scenario) . And sikhism had to go through this test of fire for it to emerge unscathed as being evidence of its truth . It seems whenever you assert something, universe/god will always find schemes to test it.

In a similar vein, its not that radhasoamis, nirankaris, namdharis, etc won't be tested , they will be . However its anyone's guess what will happen lol .