Bachan Vidya

leamington_warwick_samaagam_poster.jpg

Akhand Keertan Smaagam

6th - 11th December 2004

Leamington and Warwick Gurudwara

Tachbrook Drive,

Royal Leamington Spa

CV34 6RH

With the blessings of the Guru, Sadh Sangat Leamington and Warwick are pleased to announce a week long Keertan Smaagam. The Keertani Jatha’s participating include Dr Harcharan Singh Ji (Amritsar), Bhai Hardeep Singh Ji (Dehli) Bhai Gurdev Singh Ji (Austrailia) Bhai Manjit Singh Ji (Glasgow) as well as UK Akhand Keertani Jathas.

You are invited to participate in a spiritual experience by the rectal of Holy Verses from the Sikh Scriptues.

Monday 6th December

6.30pm – 8.00pm Evening Keertan

Tuesday 7th December

7.00am – 8.30am Morning Keertan

Wednesday 8th December

Thursday 9th December

Friday 10th December

6.30pm – 9.30pm Evening Keertan (In memory of Bhai Bachan Singh Ji)

Saturday 11th December

7.00am – 9.30am Morning Keertan

Rehansbahi Keertan

Saturday 11th December

6.30pm till 4.00am

Jagtar Singh Ji: 01926 313535 / 07956838413

Joginder Singh Ji: 01926 774563

Phalwinder Singh Ji: 01926 770207

I thought the raagi on the poster were from AKJ?

Options:

(1) Boycott programme and never go to the Gurdwara

(2) Go to the Gurdwara - support the local Gursikhs and help to raise a visible Gursikh presence and then approach local sangat and Management Committee about issues raised and concerns about violation of Gurmat.

You choose which would be more constructive and effective.

Beadbi is beadbi. No tolerance policy is required!

So what do you plan to do about this ? (out of curiousity)

Do you have an action plan to stop this beadbi ??

If we dont turn up to Smaagam will the local sangat or Gurdwara Committee know the difference? Will they clock on that you havent arrived because of the concerns of Gurmat being violated???

Food for thought

SORRY but i think boycotting on this occasion and then after approaching the Gurdwara commitee and members is better. Look, if your telling me that after a massive discussion on SikhSangat.com forum and people ringing the Gurdwara and not getting ANYWHERE on the other end of the phone and not listening to people who have gone there and discussed the matter as well as writing letters etc to them to ask for this beadbi to stop... if ure telling me that after all this, we should still go to the smagam held at this Gurdwara and then speak to them is not the way. I suggest doing it whilst there is no event on.

Yep, people now gonna say "but it shouldnt matter - we are only going there for SatSang" which i would say yeh, ure rite. And unfortunately, this smagam is held at this Gurdwara. And by going to the smagam, ure indirectly supporting beadbi of Guru Granth Sahib Jee because if loadsa people turn up to this smagam, the Gurdwara comitee members wont get it through their thick heads that something they are doing is wrong. Very wrong. Whereas, if hardly no one turns up, it might just make them think a lil more. If the sangat decreases and the Gurdwara commitee comes to know of what the youth here are saying, would they not go to do something about it? If not, then i think the Gurdwara is all about money.. coz it doesnt appear to be about the sangat or even Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaaj in which case, this is something very very serious.

There is a post on this forum which goes into more detail. If neone knows the link, do post. I am sure the Respect For Guru Granth Sahib Jee Campaign, UK can fill u in more on the topic at hand.

In terms of what to do about this

beadbi... i know some Singhs who know some Singhs (part-timers) who know some hitmen! (that was a joke ahem ahem) But ok, action plan... print out some leaflets explaining what beadbi this Gurdwara commitee and indeed others around the world, are doing wrong and why - and dish them out at the smagam.

ALSO, the advertising is wrong, from what i head. Keertanis advertised arent even coming...

Not stopping neone going though. Up to u. This is my personal opinion. Like it or lump it.

forgive nething said out of context.

lol.

I agree with veer ji, they dont give two monkeys about maryada like there gone give that you havent turned up,

I would go and interigate, i mean question them on why the hell they do what they do. make them see sence,

not going I dont think they will even notice it!

I still think it will be packed even if people who read this forum dont go.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The activites of these Gurdwara committees who run these 'modern Gurdwara complexes' are no different to the masands that we have read about in our history.

The only difference is that it is 'legalised' because these committee members appear as Sikhs. Sangat find it too confusing to question their activities because these committee members are supposedly' upstanding' members of the local punjabi community. Morever the activities get hidden under the label of Sikhi.

Years have gone by and the GuruGhars are still run by manmats. However, it's worse now. Once upon a time in the UK the committee members would not even dare think about brining their manmat into the Gurdwaras, but today it's blatantly happening. Funds were once collected for extentions to the langar hall or diwan sahib, but now funds are collected for building community halls which eventually start serving the mainstream punjabi community which in turn starts serving alcohol and meat.

If we just keep our heads down and attend these types of Gurdwaras we are just responsible for promoting the manmat and sacrilage to Sikhi.

Realistically, is anyone prepared to stand up to the committee at the samagam? No one will out of fear of stepping on other peoples toes. If this samagam is not AKJ backed then AKJ must issue a statement to give the sangat the confidence so that they can stand up to the committee. Otherwise all this samagam does is add futher confusion for the sangat. As it now stands, to the common man it looks as though AKJ support the committee and therefore support the activitie

s of the committee.