Guest Ravneet

On 10/10/2018 at 2:45 PM, Guest puzzledtoo said:

To hell with such 'parents'. They don't deserve you.Be happy with your husband and children.Stop torturing your mind.Your parents are subjecting you to 'emotional atyachaar'.Do not respond.Do your own paath to calm yourself and to build connections with Waheguru.Your non stop worries will affect your current family and you don't want that.Do some activities to keep your mind occupied.I suggest exercise,running etc.Helps you build self confidence too.

Typical desi <banned word filter activated> parents.Marry a low caste and you're an outcast. Marry a gora and they do bhangra.Fitte mu.

Whats wrong with marrying a white person?

Im pretty sure that I will marry one... A good person is a good person, doesn't matter what colour they are. 

Punjabis can be so incredibly racist 

Guest internalized Racism
On 10/12/2018 at 9:39 PM, Guest Truth said:

Whats wrong with marrying a white person?

Nothing wrong with that as Guru Sahib says we are all one race.

Im pretty sure that I will marry one

Could that be because you are carrying "internalized racism"? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internalized_racism

In terms of you feel that whites are superior and hence wish to?

A good person is a good person, doesn't matter what colour they are. 

Agreed - Sikhi makes that crystal clear - and white folks can be good Sikhs

Punjabis can be so incredibly racist

That's true. But whites are on average more racist statistically as we see.

And to perceive that whites are superior/better is a sign of internalized racism whereby the non-white person perceives white to be better.

@Guestinternalized racism. 

That is very possible. However ive come across a white guy who was a total psycho, and seen racism from whites also. I know it goes both ways. 

I will say though that I've been literally abused emotionally and physically at the hands of countless brown people due to culture. Hence where my internalized racism may have kicked in. 

I do see it as a blessing to have bee able to have seen the perils of brown culture gone bad though. 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Ravneet
On 8/29/2018 at 10:26 PM, Wicked Warrior said:

Your mum is now baptised. She is travelling down the road of Sikhi. It doesn't mean she will be automatically perfect and accepting or approving of everything. 

As pointed out above, there may be other issues involved that you may/may not be aware of. It's a big thing for a parent not to go to their child's wedding, even if they didn't approve of it. Things can improve and hopefully your parents will become involved in at least your children's lives if not yours. 

Thank you for responding to my post. I just loose hope as almost 7 years on and not an ounce of improvement or effort in building relations with my husband and his  family.

I just wanted to give an update on my situation. My eldest sister has had a long term English boyfriend for around 20 years. My parents were devastated when they learnt that their first born has chosen an English man to spend the rest of her life with. It caused a lot of distress in our household. Last week I learnt that my eldest sister married her long term boyfriend in Spring 2018 and my parents attended the wedding. I am so confused and don’t understand my parents, they chose not to tel me and kept this from me. I just don’t know how to handle this and how to move on. 

I just want to thank each and everyone of you for reading my post and for making the effort to resond to my concerns, much appreciated.