Why the need to convert others ?

Guest jagsaw_puzzled_singh

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh
3 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Funny how when it comes to asserting our identity and attempting to improve our prospects and collective aims as a people, we get the usual suspects appealing exclusively to the egalitarian aspects of our faith to the exclusion of anything that sets us apart from those who would be content to see our gradual demise.

Not 'appealing' to anything other than a deeper understanding of the human soul. I, like many others, took a religious path in life precisely for that purpose.....i.e. to try and gain a deeper understanding of our soul, essence, being, nature and, ultimately, Waheguru. This is a never-ending journey. As I stated beforehand, my belief is that those that seek to conquer other souls have not yet spent enough time conquering, and ultimately understanding, their own. Our 'gradual demise' as you put it will not come via people that have embarked on that spiritual journey but rather those that are more motivated by the politics of 'difference-hood' and divisiveness. It is perhaps just a mere coincidence that those on this forum that have most forcefully talked about conversion tactics just happen to be 'sikhs' that have not even kept their kes let alone delved deep into their spiritual self. But, I guess, everything I've just said there places me firmly in the troll camp and after being a muslim troll and a hindu troll in the space of a week I suppose I can now proudly wear the label of a bhuddist troll.

6 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

If no one converted to Sikhism, there would be no Sikhs today. Aslo sometimes the plant needs watering and feeding or it will perish. 

Brother Big Tera,

please do not fall in commiting the same mistakes, which other dharams do, by trying to convert people to their creed.

That is very much agyanta, for converting is ahankar, and ahankar is the mother of all maladies.

Coversions are not a  part , nor poor shadows  of sikhi.

Guru Jee tells us, we become intoxicated with ahankar, when we keep Him out of our minds.

In replying to the title of this present thread, let us see what Satguru  Nanak  tells us in His paviter Bani in the following verses :

ਬੰਦਿ ਖਲਾਸੀ ਭਾਣੈ ਹੋਇ ॥

Bandh Khalaasee Bhaanai Hoe ||

Liberation from bondage comes only by Your Will.

ਹੋਰੁ ਆਖਿ ਨ ਸਕੈ ਕੋਇ ॥

Hor Aakh N Sakai Koe ||

No one else has any say in this.

You see, it is He, Wahiguru Akal Purukh, who by His Hukum/Will, Kirpa, chooses and gives liberation from birth and death to those wadbhagee souls.

Not by any human conversions.

So you see the question of conversion falls down by its own gravity, it has no place in sikhee, it is just as much manmat as done wrongly by other creeds, whether in the past, present or future.

He Wahiguru, is the only Kartar, we are all puppets, and as such, we can not do nothing by ourselves, but get more and more trapped in the strong net of maya and agyanta, unless He by Himself pulls us out.

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal.

2 hours ago, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

Not 'appealing' to anything other than a deeper understanding of the human soul. I, like many others, took a religious path in life precisely for that purpose.....i.e. to try and gain a deeper understanding of our soul, essence, being, nature and, ultimately, Waheguru. This is a never-ending journey. As I stated beforehand, my belief is that those that seek to conquer other souls have not yet spent enough time conquering, and ultimately understanding, their own. Our 'gradual demise' as you put it will not come via people that have embarked on that spiritual journey but rather those that are more motivated by the politics of 'difference-hood' and divisiveness. It is perhaps just a mere coincidence that those on this forum that have most forcefully talked about conversion tactics just happen to be 'sikhs' that have not even kept their kes let alone delved deep into their spiritual self. But, I guess, everything I've just said there places me firmly in the troll camp and after being a muslim troll and a hindu troll in the space of a week I suppose I can now proudly wear the label of a bhuddist troll.

Jagsaw my friend, Continue believing in whatever you like. If you feel that we should not teach our faith such as basics of Sikhi are doing then that is your prerogative. I am not trying to change your interpretation of Sikh beliefs and philosophy. Also not going into whether I wear a turban or not. Are you trying to say to conquer our soul we have to wear a turban. Has the dali lama conquered his soul, did buddha conquer his soul. Did any of them wear turbans?

Guest jagsaw_puzzled_singh
20 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Jagsaw my friend, Continue believing in whatever you like. If you feel that we should not teach our faith such as basics of Sikhi are doing then that is your prerogative. I am not trying to change your interpretation of Sikh beliefs and philosophy. Also not going into whether I wear a turban or not. Are you trying to say to conquer our soul we have to wear a turban. Has the dali lama conquered his soul, did buddha conquer his soul. Did any of them wear turbans?

What ???  Are you for real bigtera ? Why would bhudda or the dalai lama keep kes and wear a turban when it's not part of their religion to do so ?  

10 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

bro no one conquers their soul they conquer their mind their ego their hau mai /i am ness.... if you cannot accept guru ji's hukham to keep kes you are conceding that your lok lajja matters more to you thus haumai will always reign in your heart... I don't believe that it cannot change but you need to keep that fact in mind. As for Dalai lama I doubt he conquered haumai as he actively courts media, movie  stars etc. his behaviour is not particularly detached .

As for BOS Nobody said that they are doing wrong ...they are doing nishkam parchaar that's why they have been succeeding in reaching people's hearts .

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh
7 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

bro no one conquers their soul they conquer their mind their ego their hau mai /i am ness.... if you cannot accept guru ji's hukham to keep kes you are conceding that your lok lajja matters more to you thus haumai will always reign in your heart... I don't believe that it cannot change but you need to keep that fact in mind. As for Dalai lama I doubt he conquered haumai as he actively courts media, movie  stars etc. his behaviour is not particularly detached .

As for BOS Nobody said that they are doing wrong ...they are doing nishkam parchaar that's why they have been succeeding in reaching people's hearts .

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's views and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

Oh yes, now I remember, what is your understanding of the 'soul' dear lady ? Why is it that you think there is no relationship between the physical mind and the consciousness of the soul ?  The 'soul' my dear is consciousness, self-awareness and even sentience. You would do well, jkvlondon, to read up on the higher meaning of atma within gurbani and then come back and decide if you still want to separate the mind from the soul.