Why the need to convert others ?

Guest jagsaw_puzzled_singh

On 10/2/2018 at 3:21 PM, GuestSingh said:

these people cant even keep full rehit and follow hukamname yet they feel they know enough of the 'basics' to preach their own version of 'Sikhi' which would not only be false and weak but actually capable of causing confusion if researched further..

a lot of discipline is already being lost/disappearing, which is why we're seeing too many part-time, wishy-washy Sikhs these days..

maybe they should just worry and focus on making themselves stronger in faith first..

How ironic ?

Guest GuestSingh
On 10/4/2018 at 3:20 AM, Sukhvirk1976 said:

How ironic ?

took you 24 hours just to write this after finding my post amusing? why so long?

if by ironic you mean hypocritical then yes it does appear so given 1/2 recent posts but my point included myself and it always will..as mentioned in a couple of my old posts..you're welcome to search..not afraid to admit to still learning..

now can you say the same?

17 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

took you 24 hours just to write this after finding my post amusing? why so long?

if by ironic you mean hypocritical then yes it does appear so given 1/2 recent posts but my point included myself and it always will..as mentioned in a couple of my old posts..you're welcome to search..not afraid to admit to still learning..

now can you say the same?

My posts are monitored so they take a while to get published. I'm a learner, 

Guest Ik Onkar Satnam
On 9/1/2018 at 11:45 PM, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Guru nanak never sought to convert anyone.. The idea proselytising and evangelising to convert people is anathema to a sikh..

The fact that a sikh acts truthfully and behaves truthfully is enough to make people ask deeper questions.. 

Guru tegh Bahadur gave his life in opposition to the idea of conversion 

Conversion or converting someone is perhaps the wrong (Abrahamic) word.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj did seek to dispel falsehood with Truth however.

Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Maharaj gave shaheedi in opposition to conversion by the sword (as condoned in Islam) and to allow those who are not harming others to practise their faith they see fit. Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Maharaj did not hold any opposition to dispelling lies and falsehood with light and truth. 

On 9/5/2018 at 1:48 AM, Sukhvirk1976 said:

He illuminated peoples minds with the truth.. He didn't say any dharam is wrong he demonstrated that the way people practiced dharam was hollow if it was not practiced truthfully and had become ritualistic or ones behaviour was selfish 

Agreed about illuminating minds with truth but Guru Sahib condemning slavery, terrorism, paedophila, rape, the caste system, sati (widow burning), rituals and pilgrimages was tantamount to saying that Islam and Hinduism were and are wrong.

On 9/6/2018 at 12:17 AM, Sukhvirk1976 said:

People don't become sikh.. It's not a club 

Sikh means learner. So what did Bhai Mardana Ji do when they left the falsehood of Islam to become Guru ka Sikh? So what Bhai Lehna Ji do when leaving the falsehood of Hinduism to become Guru ka Sikh? You are right that Sikhi is not a club based upon birth. But the Sikh Panth is a collective dedicated to the betterment of global society via justice, equality and seva and there is nothing wrong with that ethos of Sarbat da Bhala being unique and distinct.

On 10/2/2018 at 7:35 PM, Guest Truth said:

No Hindu, no Muslim, Only One.

Nanaks greatest teaching. Yet most on here ignore it.

This speaks to the nonsense of those paths which advocate terrorism and slavery on the one hand (Islam) versus untouchability and sati on the other (Hinduism). It does not equate that Islam, Satanism, Hinduism and Sikhi are therefore equally beneficial paths for humankind simply because Guru Sahib emphasise the oneness of humanity and the One ultimate supreme Truth stated by Guru Sahib in mool mantar.

2+2 = 4 (it does not equal one)

3+3 = 6 (it does not equal one)