Basics of Sikhi - Latest

Big_Tera

5 hours ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

I think we need to stop caring about the person doing the video. To be honest whenever I see the notification pop up on my phone for a new video it makes me happy and we should be greatful that those Singhs and Kaurs are giving up their jobs to make videos and change our lives.

And about the part where you said that Bhai Jagraj was interesting guy. Yh I agree he was really inspiring but look at the other. Baljit Singh he used to be a hardcore smoker and did other bad stuff. Look at Sukhdeep he used to be a mona and if you actually go to park avenue Gurudwara you can see them there for 3 hours doing Katha and QnA afterwards.

That is all fine and well for a person like you. But we have to look at the wider picture and cater for the masses. Not everyone is like you. As fickle as it sounds we need speakers who are articulated and able to connect with the public. Especially non Sikhs. 

Because at the moment videos are not getting many views. 

I am sure there are plenty more like Jagraj out there. But unfortunatley many wont give up their time or are not passionate about spreading the teachings of Sikhism. 

Many just have the belief that Sikhism is not for preaching or teaching and we should not look to convert anyone. 

2 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

That is all fine and well for a person like you. But we have to look at the wider picture and cater for the masses. Not everyone is like you. As fickle as it sounds we need speakers who are articulated and able to connect with the public. Especially non Sikhs. 

Because at the moment videos are not getting many views. 

I am sure there are plenty more like Jagraj out there. But unfortunatley many wont give up their time or are not passionate about spreading the teachings of Sikhism. 

Many just have the belief that Sikhism is not for preaching or teaching and we should not look to convert anyone. 

since there are NOT many ppl out there willing to do it , maybe we should be fair to a guy who is only one year out of parchaar school and support his efforts , it takes a while to find your confidence . compare early vids of jugraj and later ones there is a big difference too . Also the fact that he skirted around issues a few times showed that he was also falliable too.

On 9/4/2018 at 10:13 AM, puzzled said:

Yeah   I want to take time out and watch the 52 hukkam videos. Bhai jagraj singh inspired and got so many people into sikhi, I agree he had that personality and a big presence. I regret not attending the 13 week course he held in my town ...

Thats too bad..but the 13 week course is recorded on utube. You should definetly watch it. It covers all of sikh history from the gurus to 1984. 

I agree with @RajKaregaKhalsa1 does it really matter who is speaking? The message of Sikhi is still being spread so they are doing a great job at spreading the message of Sikhi. I truly respect them for their knowledge and for their parchaar. I agree Bhai Jagraj Singh Ji had his own charisma but then again everyone has a different personality. We should be prepared to learn, not criticise the speaker.

• 3 years later...