Are too many Sikhs old-fashioned?

mahandulai

2 hours ago, mahandulai said:

All I am seeing, is Sikhs who only talk to Sikhs, and not really part of modern societies, talking of old ideas which are outdated. I know we have old traditions, but many Sikhs are sheltered and no ONE Sikh is really out there and is among the top celebrities or anything...?

try reading gurbani sometime and you will realise Gurmukhs are encouraged to not keep company of cynics and faithless ...what exactly is in 'celebrity' for a sikh apart from irka , ahankar, haumai inflation ? Sikhi doesn't need those jokers who claim sikhi but actually drag sikh image into wrong places and non-sikh attitude situations . Personally I keep company of people of all faiths who practice the core faith that is loving simran of Akal Purakh and try to bring themselves closer to the ideals of uccha sucha jiwan .

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Sunny Leone is known by Billions around the globe. Lol I'm sure she knows a thing or two about healthy hormones released during sex as well, perhaps you should contact her for more information as you were asking for a debate on that subject 

maybe the poor lad's confused he's on a sikh forum where all he can see is sikhs talking to sikhs ...hai mereia Rabba!

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

try reading gurbani sometime and you will realise Gurmukhs are encouraged to not keep company of cynics and faithless ...what exactly is in 'celebrity' for a sikh apart from irka , ahankar, haumai inflation ? Sikhi doesn't need those jokers who claim sikhi but actually drag sikh image into wrong places and non-sikh attitude situations . Personally I keep company of people of all faiths who practice the core faith that is loving simran of Akal Purakh and try to bring themselves closer to the ideals of uccha sucha jiwan .

but even then, a good sikh would fall into the limelight by accident, even once .... but no there has not been such a thing.

1 minute ago, jkvlondon said:

you walking around with blinkers ? Ravi SIngh is known , Jaggi Johal is Known , Sant ji is known , Mohan Singh is known ...

no i mean known outside the sikh community, even i havent heard about some of these people, and u expect goreh kaleh to know ....? SIKHS are MIA right now. the kids dont care