What/who do you picture when you think of waheguru?

SikhInTheMaking

when I do I concentrate on the sound in my body /breathe rather than any picture really because it's too hard to imagine , otherwise I remember the sensation of my mastak on the floor where Guru Nanak Dev ji did simran abhiyaas near river (gur ki ber) or the time I did matha tek at Dhubri Sahib both were soooo deep experiences.

3 hours ago, SikhInTheMaking said:

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to know what are you supposed to think about when you say waheguru or are simran? Should we focus on the word waheguru? or should we have an image of our gurus in mind? I usually picture guru nanak dev ji in my head but then I think to myself I should be picturing all the gurus.

Whats your lots opinions on this?

Sat Sree Akal

In my opinion, you should pay attention to the simran of Wahiguru, for all the forms emerged from that primal force, which Guru Nanak Dev Maharaj since the very begining tells us : Ik Oankar Satnam . 

All forms emerged from  that One Satnam,  and came at our level in the forms of Guru Sahiban, but when they returned back, they left here that their temporary form, and regained that their original formless form of Satnam.

All their Bani, is a praise of that Akal Purukh, and they advise us  to also devote ourselves to Nam.

Just as an example of their teachings, following is a verse of Sree Guru Ram Das Maharaj, where He clearly answers the beautiful topic of this present thread:

ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਤ ਨਾਮੇ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਵੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੇ ਨਾਮਿ ਸਮਾਵੈ 

Naam Japath Naamae Sukh Paavai Har Naamae Naam Samaavai 

Chanting the Naam, the Name of the Lord, he finds peace, and merges in the Naam.

As we can see, He does not mention any particular form where one will merge by the simran of Wahiguru, but, in that true form of Wahiguru which is eternal, since Aad  Sach Jugad Sach, is true even now  for it is hae bhee Sach, and shall  forever remain so : Nanak hosee bhee Sach.

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal.

Gurbani tells us to focus on him.  So what is him/Akal Purakh? By focusing on the  meaning of Vaheguru we focus on his (Vahe) indescribable form/ability/hukam that (Guru) takes the soul out of spiritual darkness and into his grace.

Focus on his shakti of protecting Bhagat Prahlaad, Naamdev and others.  

As a wife repeats her husbands name happily.  In the same manner love repeating Akal Purakh name.

Read Gurbani and find more reasons on how to focus on him.

On 9/7/2018 at 6:39 PM, SikhInTheMaking said:

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to know what are you supposed to think about when you say waheguru or are simran? Should we focus on the word waheguru? or should we have an image of our gurus in mind? I usually picture guru nanak dev ji in my head but then I think to myself I should be picturing all the gurus.

Whats your lots opinions on this?

literally i think even thinking of a shark swimming is ok, because it doesnt matter what youre thinking when doing simran

On 9/8/2018 at 12:41 AM, Akalifauj said:

Gurbani tells us to focus on him.  So what is him/Akal Purakh? By focusing on the  meaning of Vaheguru we focus on his (Vahe) indescribable form/ability/hukam that (Guru) takes the soul out of spiritual darkness and into his grace.

Focus on his shakti of protecting Bhagat Prahlaad, Naamdev and others.  

As a wife repeats her husbands name happily.  In the same manner love repeating Akal Purakh name.

Read Gurbani and find more reasons on how to focus on him.

I think this is what I was trying to get at, what is waheguru? Waheguru came in the form of the gurus who had wahegurus light inside them from my understanding. So is waheguru this light source/force/energy rather than a person? Is that what should come to my mind when doing simran or saying waheguru? 

22 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Dhun Mein Dhian, Dhian Mein Janeya, Gurmukh Akath Kahani.
Focus the concentration in the Sound vibrations, and this Concentration shall gain the understanding of the Untold story of God.

Thanks for this I will try it