Heaven and Hell stories.

puzzled

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

Scary , but fear of hell and desire for heaven is too Abrahamic and is not in line with Sikhi philosophy. Gurbani emphasizes on the meditation on naam . While bible and quran and even some hindu puraans are filled with dreadful stories of hell or rosy pics of heaven, Gurbani teaches us to meditate on naam and set ourselves free forever.

14 hours ago, puzzled said:

So how many of you guys have heard stories of someone having had a experience of Hell or Heaven and then came back?

My mums friend, her mother lives in India, she basically died, the doctors proclaimed her dead! next morning when they were about to do her daag, cremate her and stuff, her toes started twitching! one of the village folk saw it and started screaming that he saw her move. Long story short she basically described what happened in the time that she was dead. She basically went to the next world and saw a lot of stuff! She basically said that it is very hot and humid, and very hard to breath, there is this narrow corridor that everyone needs to walk through, in this corridor it is pitch black and one can not breath. Everyone is in a line, and the people that misbehaved are dragged out of the line and tortured with whips and canes! People are screaming and begging for forgiveness. one jamdoot then came up to her and said what are you doing here, its not your time yet you still have a couple of days left, and she then woke up on the cremation wood! My mums friend told my mum that her mother then told everyone to do waheguru simran, and that only simran can save you, nothing else can save you. She gave her husband a simran mala and said only this will save you. she then passed away on the number of days the jamdoot had told her she had left!

I also remember hearing another terrifying story from the same town as me. It was some punjabi man. Two "people" visited him, one of the ladies that came was a gori who he knew but she had died a few years back. They came through the the gap between the door and floor. There was a third person  who came with them, that person was on the floor and they both were torturing him/her ! They then said to the punjabi man that they are gnna come back on this date -- -- ----  and take him. He then shared his story with all his family and many local Punjabis visited his house to hear it. The date that they told him they will come back he was found dead in his house!    waheguru! 

My nani who was a amritdhari used to tell us before she passed away that she has visions of this Singh in white chola, long white dhari and a white dastar. He didn't say anything to her but used to walk past her. Soon she passed away.  

Some people on here will find this funny lol!  and some scientists on here will not believe it and probably call it imagination or something. Has anyone else heard such stories?

May Waheguru ji guide us all and protect us from all evil, Waheguru 

that first story is bad doctoring, then she had a dream.

8 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Scary , but fear of hell and desire for heaven is too Abrahamic and is not in line with Sikhi philosophy. Gurbani emphasizes on the meditation on naam . While bible and quran and even some hindu puraans are filled with dreadful stories of hell or rosy pics of heaven, Gurbani teaches us to meditate on naam and set ourselves free forever.

Yeah, for abrahamic faiths the main motivation is heaven. Everything Muslims do is to go to jannat, it's the purpose of their faith. Same with christians. But for us  heaven and hell are like stops, short stops for some and longer for others, after this the soul continues on its journey. Heaven/Hell are not the last stop.

But our gurus do constantly remind us of death and how we will justify our wrong deeds in the hereafter, messenger of death, dharamraj, suffering etc are mentioned a lot. We will get judged and then punished  but after that's done I guess our soul will continue it's journey! 

3 hours ago, Preeet said:

Interesting conversation. Did your moms friends mother have her kakar of uncut kesh? Was she amritdhari?
Im so thankful for Guru ji's teachings.

Not sure   but she was a elderly lady living in a pind in punjab so i doubt she cut her kesh 

Guest puzzledtoo

" hot and humid, and very hard to breath"

She was dead and had no body,why did she need to breathe?And how did she feel heat or humidity with no body?

If you are tortured there,how can you feel pain as you have no human body?