What is the purpose of long hair?

mahandulai

7 hours ago, mahandulai said:

if anything he said, 'we keep it cause the powerful did'.

this is some mad imitation, and is like saying, to be rich and powerful like trump, we must be fat and talk loud. - which then again is partly right, i guess.

I think you missed the whole point. He is saying we constantly change the style of our hair and beard based on what is in trend, so we don't think for ourselves but let media, society etc think for ourselves. When the British arrived in India most of the urban Indian men shaved of their hair and beards and fashioned it into the Victorian styled sideburns, why? because the British were in power so urban Indian youth felt they had to ditch their traditions and imitate the British. He is opposed to people not thinking for themselves and blindly following trends and whatever is currently popular.  Every couple of years hair styles change based on what is on trend, people are not thinking for themselves but letting media and society think for them, hence why we follow what is popular, Its the same case for hair. Men keeping their hair short is a very recent thing and became popular when western culture became dominant, especially during the empire.  

4 hours ago, Wicked Warrior said:

If kes is important to spiritual progression, what of people who have become bald, either due to medication, male pattern baldness or old age? Are they going to be held back in spiritual development?

I think the real question should be, what is the purpose of cutting hair? If its hygiene or for easieness. Then why do women have longer hair? 

Also the importance isnt having hair but keeping hair. The more u cut, the more ur body will try to grow. That wastes bodiea resources. Also think abt evolution. Why would it waste bodya reaources on hair. Unless there was a need for it? 

U will say nails. But nails were naturlly pared down thats why they grow. 

Also its the 1st step in accepting hukam. Its like a lesson to trust God and trust wat he made is good tho we dont understand. 

14 hours ago, Wicked Warrior said:

If kes is important to spiritual progression, what of people who have become bald, either due to medication, male pattern baldness or old age? Are they going to be held back in spiritual development?

i think refering to my other answer, instead of saying keeping kesh is important, it is rather, 'let everything grow' and not worry about anything vanity wise.