Best non-sikh Role Models?

mahandulai

Francis of Assisi ,
the stoics ,

Musashi miyamoto
the Spartan warriors and their women ,
Joan of Arc,
Queen Boudicca,
  Tomoe Gozen and Nankano Takeko- top female samauri.

TRIỆU THỊ TRINH vietnamese hero against Chinese; when her Brother tried to persuade her not to revolt to which she replied: "I only want to ride the wind and walk the waves, slay the big whales of the Eastern sea, clean up frontiers, and save the people from drowning. Why should I imitate others, bow my head, stoop over and be a slave? Why resign myself to menial housework?"

Buffalo Calf Road Woman was a Northern Cheyenne woman warrior who became famous after saving her wounded brother.

Her brother, Chief Comes in Sight, was shot during the Battle of the Rosebud (1876). When she saw him fall, she rode on the battlefield and rescued him.

This brave act motivated the rest of the Cheyenne warriors to regroup and win the battle. Later that year, she fought along with her husband (Black Coyote) during the famous “Battle of the Little Bighorn.”

In Cheyenne lore, she is credited of striking the blow that knocked Lieutenant Colonel George Armstrong Custer off his horse before he died.

Aside from the Gurus I don't really have any role models.

That said, I do have an appreciation for men like Charlemagne, Hamilcar Barca, Ceaser, Saladin, Chandragupta, and Alexander. Not because I want to emulate them, but I do respect their strength, if that makes any sense.

Aside from those warrior types there's plenty of people and historical figures I find cool but none that I would really hold as role models.

On 9/10/2018 at 8:10 AM, mahandulai said:

Everyone knows our Sikh role models, so I am asking who you lot look up to?

I really like Toussaint L'Overture from Haiti. What he did just amazes me and resonates with me. 

He organized fellow slaves into a successful revolt and even an army. But when his army was going to attack the plantation where he slaved at. He went and helped the slaveowners who he worked under, escape. Because they had treated him well. I think they mightve raised him too.

His army was so good that the French lost and were willing to surrender. When the french came to sign the surrender letter. They ambushed and killed him. 

But what he was able to accomplish in his life, i really admire. 

I also like che guivre or at least his vision before he became a ruthless killer for Fidel castro. 

Sikha, jinda quote che guevre in their letters from prison.

ਤ੍ਰੇਤਾ ਦਾ ਅਵਤਾਰ, ਮਰਯਾਦਾ ਪੁਰਸ਼ਉਤੱਮ, ਭਗਵਾਨ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਰਾਮ ਚੰਦ੍ਰ ਜੀ ਮਹਾਰਾਜ