Mandhir

singhunit

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
12 hours ago, puzzled said:

Iv been mandir a few times in India, you kinda walk in and look at the statue and think what am i supposed to do lol!  it feels very weird bowing down to statues lol!  

You shouldn't ! 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
17 hours ago, singhunit said:

I have a close family friend who is doing some jag rata at the local mandhir for his sons 18th bday.

Now whenever we have had any type of path etc he always attends at the gurdwara.

Would you attend the sons 18th at the mandhir?

Is he "sikh" ? Such kind of idiocy is only found amongst the sikhs I tell you. I blame interfaith marriages between hindus and sikhs for this nuisance 

20 hours ago, mahandulai said:

its just a building.

you are wearing your Guru's roop , and we have been told us not to have faith in others' rituals so walking there is :

1. bringing question on Guru ji's roop

2. causes dubida in sikh faithful

3. shows approval of the ritual in the family

4. makes hindus happy that they are weakening sikhi

22 hours ago, singhunit said:

I have a close family friend who is doing some jag rata at the local mandhir for his sons 18th bday.

Now whenever we have had any type of path etc he always attends at the gurdwara.

Would you attend the sons 18th at the mandhir?

you could ask him if would be OK if you meet the lads before the program to wish them  and tell him you don't feel comfortable taking part in active murti/agni puja  as it is not allowed in sikhi. If he is dharmic he will understand since he is your friend  and has seen how things are in Gurdwara.

14 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

You shouldn't ! 

Lol iv only been mandir like 6 or 7 times in my life. Here in the UK i can only remember going mandir once!   In India my family believe in babeh, shrines, tombs, etc  so they end up dragging me to these places.   

I have been baba Balak Nath in India and i was told to touch a goats feet and receive blessings! 2 years on and im still confused! i think to myself did i really touch a goats feet for blessings LMAOO 

Yeah i don't believe in any of that its only when i visit Punjab my family there take me to these weird places, some of these places have some of the the weirdest looking idols/statues i have ever seen! you really are left scratching your head thinking who the hell came up with that!