Mandhir

singhunit

16 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

you could ask him if would be OK if you meet the lads before the program to wish them  and tell him you don't feel comfortable taking part in active murti/agni puja  as it is not allowed in sikhi. If he is dharmic he will understand since he is your friend  and has seen how things are in Gurdwara.

If you do this, you will surely lose your friend. I don't see anything too wrong with going, but I wouldn't participate in any of their shenanigans lol. I'd just walk and immediately go take a seat somewhere. 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
On 9/14/2018 at 7:18 AM, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

If you do this, you will surely lose your friend. I don't see anything too wrong with going, but I wouldn't participate in any of their shenanigans lol. I'd just walk and immediately go take a seat somewhere. 

yup true. Sadly most sikhs go overboard. I am honestly sick of sikhs bending backwards or should i say forward to appease the hindus. 

If these trend continues of ganesh pooja and all the hindu rituals being slowly but systematically pushed  in sikh society, the day is not far when sikhs would be dead , a hybrid race of hindu-sikh will be norm (as already dreamt by the rss) , and golden temple will become a "temple" in the hindu sense and you will find there not just SGGS but also hindu idols next to it.

If you think its unthinkable to lose Harmandar sahib, just visit history of 200 yrs back. We've been there. We have seen idols of devi devte inside harmandar sahib. It has happened before ! When udasis were in control.

Unless sikhs mend their ways, this time your humiliation will be more brutal

On 9/13/2018 at 10:35 AM, jkvlondon said:

you are wearing your Guru's roop , and we have been told us not to have faith in others' rituals so walking there is :

1. bringing question on Guru ji's roop

2. causes dubida in sikh faithful

3. shows approval of the ritual in the family

4. makes hindus happy that they are weakening sikhi

supersition all that is

23 hours ago, Punjabiwolves said:

you should go. You don't need to pray or anything, you can just sit at the prayer room (they usually have comfortable seats at the sides)   you don't even need to sit down on the floor. Typically it very casual atmosphere with bhajan etc the old ladies will be singing along while kids will be running around. They may look at you, you just need to smile and give them the thumbs up and they will leave. You have the teen boy who attends a function in a Mandir with the sole aim in pulling a fit girl. Typically you will overhear conversations like ("yo Ramesh dat girl in the Pink saree is  well penk man. wait till we get to the langer hall ") 

ohh you always have the token white guy who is always curious you might approach you and ask you stupid questions. 

Ha lol... "penk"

I do wonder what the response would be like if the OP said he was supposed to be attending a funeral as opposed to a birthday at the Mandir. Would there still be backlash?

Not like he's asking whether he can attend regularly lol. Nor is there any obligation to take part in the service on any occasion. For something like this, most if not all of the programme will be Bhajan/Kirtan anyway.

No need to act as if he's been asked to do Narial da Daan. :notalk:

4. makes hindus happy that they are weakening sikhi

Lol most aam Hindus in the west do not have this mindset. There is a mutual respect for the most part.

ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾ ਪੁੱਠੇ ਉੱਤਰ.....Sensationalism everywhere.

Gurbar Akaal!