Regaining Faith in Sikhi

RajKaregaKhalsa1

Dear Guru ke pyarrio

Daas has Been having some hard times with Sikhi lately.

2 weeks ago I was pumped and wanted to become a proper Gursikh but just last week I had started getting a little bit of doubt. This doubt go really bad and I was losing faith in God. However with Maharaj's kirpa the doubts were cleared around Friday.

However they started again and don't seem as bad now but they still make me cry because I still really want to be a Gursikh and not lose Sikhi because it is so great- I am only 15 btw. If anyone can please just give me some inspiration they would be appreciated. This never seemed to happen before (I have been trying to follow Sikhi and started doing a bit of Paath last year December and I had never go any doubt before)

Some concerns I have are that

Will God listen to my prayers?

How do I regain faith in God and Guru?

And Can I be forgiven?

Guys I really want to get back into Sikhi it is the main mission of my life and I really need your guy's help.

Please send me some inspiration and motivate me back on to the path.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ

I don't really know 

Sometimes I feel fully faithful

Then sometimes these dumb atheist Richard Dawkin type arguments come into my mind saying that you are believing in a lie.

I would just like some comfort that I am not alone and that God will help me get back into Sikhi

Thank you for replying and I think that just spilling out my doubts on this site is helping me get back into Sikhi

Do you have any experiences of God and dasam duaar and stories of naam Simran you can share? 

Ps. If anyone wanted to know how I got into Sikhi in the first place it was when I was blessed to watch Basics of Sikhi on YouTube. Really recommend them and Bhai Sukha Singh UK 

Guru ji has blessed you, i wish i was into Sikhi when i was 15! not many people have interest in faith/religion at that age brother. At 15 i knew absolutely nothing about Sikhi. Your still very young. I had a bit of a bumpy ride and then got into Sikhi when i couldn't see any direction, your still young you wouldn't understand lol. I started doing wrong stuff and If it wasn't for Sikhi i would of been in a very dark place today, i dread to think of it. But i believe that Waheguru ji saved me and guided me towards Sikhi.  But your very lucky that you have that much interest in Sikhi at 15, i wish i was like that at your age. But take it easy!  have fun too, don't go too hard on yourself. Be involved in Sikhi and have fun too, don't get too serious, its important that one enjoys being a sikh and has fun! 

I don't know to much but some of the members on here would explain things better ... 

1 hour ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

Dear Guru ke pyarrio

Daas has Been having some hard times with Sikhi lately.

2 weeks ago I was pumped and wanted to become a proper Gursikh but just last week I had started getting a little bit of doubt. This doubt go really bad and I was losing faith in God. However with Maharaj's kirpa the doubts were cleared around Friday.

However they started again and don't seem as bad now but they still make me cry because I still really want to be a Gursikh and not lose Sikhi because it is so great- I am only 15 btw. If anyone can please just give me some inspiration they would be appreciated. This never seemed to happen before (I have been trying to follow Sikhi and started doing a bit of Paath last year December and I had never go any doubt before)

Some concerns I have are that

And Can I be forgiven?

Guys I really want to get back into Sikhi it is the main mission of my life and I really need your guy's help.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ

Khalsa Ji,

Surround yourself with Gurmat as much as you can. Gurbani Paath, kirtan and katha. May I recommend Giani Harbhajan Singh Dhudike’s katha. He has done Kathy of entire Sri Dasam Granth. The entire Kathy of Sri Gurpratap Suraj Granth. And more besides. 

This katha has the magical effect of making anyone fall in love with Sikhi...

Good luck and stay blessed.

Waheguru...

Ask Waheguru for guidance! be honest and pray from the bottom of your heart and ask Waheguru to bring you closer to him, Ask Waheguru to always keep you close. 

continue looking at Sikh videos online. I agree that Bhai Sukha UK has some of the best videos, he is really good at doing what he does. 

I am currently read the biography of sant Harnam Singh ji, he had visions of Guru Gobind Singh ji. Its a very inspiring book, here's the link for it if you are interested 

http://www.gurukhoj.com/eBooks/Se_Kinehiya_-_English.pdf

I would do ardas for sangat , and remember sangat can be of other faiths who are into bhagti too i.e. they have the right mindset . I grew up in  a very white area but Guru ji kept my faith burning strong by sending non-sikhs to constantly ask me why I did what I did, what did I believe in  , do sikhs hate others etc it made me think deep on my motives . This was training for later in life  , but at the time I just tried to answer with the best answer I could with positivity and understanding .

Brother RajKaregaKhalsa 1,

I will try to answer  your questions in your post

Dear Guru ke pyarrio

Some concerns I have are that:

What makes you think, He has suddenly turned out deaf? Is He not known as sarvavyapak/omnipresent?  If so, where is such place where He is not?  For if He is everywhere, He surely sees everything and listens everything. The Sun is always there, it is only that some dark clouds  come and  make us feel the Sun is gone, but nevertheles the dark clouds shall move and give way to the very potent Sun, to shine again

Brother, faith is His bakshish, it is not in our hands to have it as per our wish, so just remain at His door like a kookar, He will surely open, just keep lying and knocking at His door, with intense bhakti, then He will have no option but to open His door, our duty is to stay at His door at all times and conditions, come whatever it may.

And Can I be forgiven?

Why not?  Gurbani says: Prabh ka Simran, man kee mael jaaae. 

Do His jaap, and all the filth of sins, vikars,  loss of faith, etc, shall be wiped away, thus one comes nearer and nearer to Him, nd feel the warmth of His blessings and love.

God bless you, so you achieve this your goal.

Though all Gurbani is nothing but inspiration to stay and love, but right now the following verse has emerged in me, thus sahring it with you: 

Awar kaaj, tere kittay na kaam, mil Sadh Sangat bhaj kewal Nam

Sat Sree Akal.