why India romanticizes the Mughals?

puzzled

On 9/16/2018 at 11:05 PM, puzzled said:

Well thats the thing why are buildings built by foreigners, who invaded our land and slaughtered our people for centuries, why is their heritage prioritized over our own heritage. Why is their heritage even celebrated and protected? Absolutely disgusting. 

Their buildings should be demolished, the Mughals lost power centuries ago and their buildings should of gone with them centuries back as well.   The British had built a ugly gothic clock tower on the parikarama of Harmandir sahib, when given the chance the first thing Sikhs did was demolish that tower, the same should of been done with the Mughals buildings. Mughals were no different to the British. Both were foreign invaders who took our land and wealth and made the indigenous people of India into slaves.

Banda Singh Bahadur blew up all their buildings in Sirhind. 

Your judgement is clouded.. The sarai is managed by the archaeological survey of India.. 

Sikh shrines by law come under the protection of SGPC.. You can't blame the federal government for the neglect.. In fact if the structures were under asi control it is very likely that they would have been looked after much better.. 

Banda singh Bahadur didn't blow up all their buildings.. He was in a specific fight with Mughal agents of sirhind.. Not against Muslims. In amritsar itself guru Hargobind built a masjid.. 

You also seem to have a ahistorical view. Sikhi came into existence at the same time as the arrival of babur who was a invader but his descendents were very much indian.. After the death of aurangzeb guru gobind singh ji had cordial relations with Bahadur Shah.. He had a dharmic issue with the governor of sirhind not all Muslims.. 

On 9/16/2018 at 6:06 PM, puzzled said:

These Mughal buildings, how many Indian slaves were used to build them? how many of them had their hands cut off? How many Indians were harassed by Mughal tax collectors?   disgusting.  

their very buildings represent the blood and slaughter of million of Indians, and what does the government decide to do? protect them and give them special heritage titles 

Well if that much labour went into it, i wouldnt want these structures destroyed ;)

Also dont worry, the hindus r dealing with the same issues. One govt guy wanted o raze down taj mahel but another guy convinced him to keep it because of the hindus who laboured on it. For the builders sake keep it, forget the badshah

54 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Well if that much labour went into it, i wouldnt want these structures destroyed ;)

Also dont worry, the hindus r dealing with the same issues. One govt guy wanted o raze down taj mahel but another guy convinced him to keep it because of the hindus who laboured on it. For the builders sake keep it, forget the badshah

haha  i guess thats one way of looking at it 

1 hour ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

True i suppose i have never thought of myself as a british indian rather just as a punjabi sikh but i don't like this country at all and i love india !!!

BHARAT MATA JI KI JAI !!!!!!

I see myself as Punjabi sikh.

Yeah India's ok but I don't like punjab or the people tbh    everything is so corrupt there. Every one is at playing hera pheri. And people are super perverted there. All the men old and young the only thing they talk about all the time is sex.   iv lost count of the number of people that have shared their sex stories with me in punjab. Iv had 50 year olds talk about their sexual experiences and one night stands.  Iv even heard aunties making jokes about private parts. I actually get sick and tired of it. I'm not surprised that there is a rape crisis in India, that's the only thing they seem to think and talk about.  I don't like the punjab police either never seen people talk so rude.   I don't like how the chamars are treated either.

I also don't like how my family from there constantly tell me what to do and what not to do. They think because where from abroad that we should be behaving all sophisticated,  well I'm far from sophisticated lol.  I remember once we were in the city area and I sat on the wall with my legs hanging down, which is perfectly fine and normal, and my dad's brother turned around and told me to get of the wall and sit on the chair because it dont look nice!  Like <banned word filter activated> !!    What's wrong with sitting on the wall!    I personally don't like going punjab  the whole experience is suffocating, I feel like I'm getting strangled when I go there haha!   My pind is like 60% chamars  so when I feel suffocated with my family I just walk out and start talking to the chamars and walking around with them,  they are really funny and make me laugh but then my dads brother tells me off and says I can't stand with or walk around with chamars because it doesn't look good because they are "low caste" !  Like what the hell is that about!  I really don't understand this stuff. I really don't like how I get bossed around by family in India.