How to reframe life for kids ...

jkvlondon

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2019 at 1:42 PM, dallysingh101 said:

What I want to know is how the hell does a father or uncle broach the subject of sex and attraction with a teenage girl? Because Panjabi moms seem useless at it from what I see. 

This is critical because that's when the groomers start making moves. Sometimes it seems like females don't understand other young female brains? 

I think using current news headlines to talk to girls is possible. One can ask them, do you know what grooming is? Lota of panjabi girls, vulnerable have been involved in it. Then explain grooming a PG way: 

"That men who are older try to trick younger girls into liking them.throw in some life lessons like young girls are usually eager to have a boyfriend and to be liked, so that is why evil men target them. The men bring them gifts, take them to parties etc. Then they take pictures of the girl out with them. And then they threaten to release photos to family if the girl doesnt do wat they want etc"

In america, there was this whole thing going on abt men kidnapping young boys and assaulting them. So had to teach younger brother that if a man approaches and says i need ur help rescuing a puppy, only u r small enough. That this is a trick as there r so many ppl around, why target only you? And practiced similar mental scenarios, of 'kidnappers' luring them. 

I dont think we need to totally spell out sexual assault to kids. Just warn about how people target and manipulate you. When i was young, i asked my parents what a veshwa was and they said a dancer who dances on kothe. Was enough for me at that age. 

On 3/21/2019 at 11:26 PM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

I think using current news headlines to talk to girls is possible. One can ask them, do you know what grooming is? Lota of panjabi girls, vulnerable have been involved in it. Then explain grooming a PG way: 

"That men who are older try to trick younger girls into liking them.throw in some life lessons like young girls are usually eager to have a boyfriend and to be liked, so that is why evil men target them. The men bring them gifts, take them to parties etc. Then they take pictures of the girl out with them. And then they threaten to release photos to family if the girl doesnt do wat they want etc"

In america, there was this whole thing going on abt men kidnapping young boys and assaulting them. So had to teach younger brother that if a man approaches and says i need ur help rescuing a puppy, only u r small enough. That this is a trick as there r so many ppl around, why target only you? And practiced similar mental scenarios, of 'kidnappers' luring them. 

I dont think we need to totally spell out sexual assault to kids. Just warn about how people target and manipulate you. When i was young, i asked my parents what a veshwa was and they said a dancer who dances on kothe. Was enough for me at that age. 

Thanks for that. 

Keep it coming. 

I'm around more and more people who are potential targets of such predators these days. So upping my skills in raising their awareness without terrifying them is important. 

I'm wondering if we can actually inoculate even younger kurian to these things? 

12 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Thanks for that. 

Keep it coming. 

I'm around more and more people who are potential targets of such predators these days. So upping my skills in raising their awareness without terrifying them is important. 

I'm wondering if we can actually inoculate even younger kurian to these things? 

We are supposed to start talking about these things according to pediatrics association. Because lots of children are sexually abused esp by people they know. I think they released a guide abt how to talk to each age group about things like this. Like for 4 to 5 years old. You teach them that their private parts are meant to be covered at all times and no one should be touching them etc. 

Just now, Not2Cool2Argue said:

We are supposed to start talking about these things according to pediatrics association. Because lots of children are sexually abused esp by people they know. I think they released a guide abt how to talk to each age group about things like this. Like for 4 to 5 years old. You teach them that their private parts are meant to be covered at all times and no one should be touching them etc. 

That's a bit much for me. 

The other day I was like:

"Remember some people pretend that they like you and that they care for you, but they are just acting. They are really good actors and in reality they don't really care about you, and may actually not like you and want bad things for you - but you can get fooled because their acting is so good. BUT we are smart aren't we. We don't get fooled like that! We will see them for what they are and not let them trick us. Because we are clever - not stupid."

Girls - self-esteem- attraction - all that stuff is one crazy ar5ed subject.