Sikhs have been too slow tackling or speaking out against Sikhphobia/Sikhphobic hate crimes

genie

The biggest preparators of Sikhphobic hate crime and attacks offline and online have been muslim fascists and far right wing racist white nationalists.

Yet Sikhs have been extremely slow recognising this fact and speaking out against it. Even the term "sikhphobia/sikhphobic" is relatively new and should have been used ages ago when muslims started to come out with islamophobia, homosexuals with homophobia and jews with antisemitism.

I dislike the concept of lalbelling stuff as islamophobia or any sort of phobia. It breeds a culture of silence and intellectual stupidity. It's much better to create dialogue than to scare people into not have conversations.

This will further perpetuate misunderstandings about Sikhs in the west. We should be open and confident to explain why Sikhi is the Greatest.

2 hours ago, genie said:

The biggest preparators of Sikhphobic hate crime and attacks offline and online have been muslim fascists and far right wing racist white nationalists.

Yet Sikhs have been extremely slow recognising this fact and speaking out against it. Even the term "sikhphobia/sikhphobic" is relatively new and should have been used ages ago when muslims started to come out with islamophobia, homosexuals with homophobia and jews with antisemitism.

apeing the <banned word filter activated> musley and jewish contingent with their shutting down of any questions with cries of anti -us  us- phobia ... is just playing the same us and them game they do . This is not our way  we are all one humanity and we want dialogue , information flow and understanding . This would counter productive

do our duties as sikhs and spreading awareness of sikhi and our issues will serve us better ...

Don't think you guys understand the real world politics of why this is important and why all high IQ Sikhs should push for this.

1) It will provide us with proper statistics on religious/racial motivated hate crimes against Sikhs

2) It will enable Sikh organisations to get the media, NGO's and government departments attention and funding to tackling the issues.

Clever members of minority communities have latched onto this specific hate crime labeling agenda because they know they can use it to use the law to silence or attack their critics. Sikhs would be absolute low IQ morons not to fight for the same rights to label those who attack members of our community as sikhphobic and thus use the law against them.

So for example we have this huge issue of muslims grooming vulnerable Sikh females for sexual exploitation and religious conversions as a deliberate islamic warfare tactic to destroy our families, non-muslim communities and minority religious demographics. We as a community for decades have not been able to get any credible or mainstream attention to tackle this menace because  we don't have real life tangible stats as we don't have a specific label that encompasses what our community has been facing for decades.

Hate crimes against Sikhs are now federally tracked so statistics will become available in the future which effectively takes care of your point number two.

You're allowed to be Islamophobic and Homophobic in the United States, but there are laws within the United Kingdom where it can be illegal, through some clauses, to be islamophobic. 

I do agree we need to take a step, but making Sikhophobic laws won't prevent a retail chain from giving you an interview and then politely ignoring your interview after they see you're in full saroop and giving the job to someone else. I just don't think Sikhaphobia is an all encompassing solution to what you've mentioned.

7 hours ago, Singh559 said:

Hate crimes against Sikhs are now federally tracked so statistics will become available in the future which effectively takes care of your point number two.

You're allowed to be Islamophobic and Homophobic in the United States, but there are laws within the United Kingdom where it can be illegal, through some clauses, to be islamophobic. 

I do agree we need to take a step, but making Sikhophobic laws won't prevent a retail chain from giving you an interview and then politely ignoring your interview after they see you're in full saroop and giving the job to someone else. I just don't think Sikhaphobia is an all encompassing solution to what you've mentioned.

In the Uk Racism laws specifically name sikhs and Jews as races and if someone attacks either it is handled by race crime laws ..This fact burns up most hindus and musley

Islamaphobia is a fake made up word that doesn't make sense. Being critical of something doesnt mean you have a phobia of it! If I criticize the hindu caste system does that mean I am a hindu phobia? If I find the azaan, muslim call to prayer, annoying and nasal does that mean I'm a Islam phobe? I find it very annoying when jehovah's witnesses are banging on my door first thing in the morning but that doesn't mean I have a phobia!  Muslims label anyone who criticizes or dislikes Islam as a islamaphobia