young dumb and Sikh + beard question...

Guest P.s.k

I am not an expert but the purpose of being human is to remember Waheguru ji as much as possible. In your post above you clearly mention about how you know this won't help you in the long run. I would say cover your head and do an Ardas from you heart and Guru will come to help you.

As for your question:

The difference between earning money, gym etc. And parties is that when your at a party your Kaam (lust) krodh (anger) Lobh (greed) Moh (attachement) and Hankaar (pride) are more active and these take you away from Waheguru ji. It is harder to keep connected with love for Waheguru. Think about it music is blasting into your ears and it could be some rubbish about women etc.

And when your at the gym or at work you could have your headphones in listening to Kirtan etc. Although on the surface there is not much link between Sikhi and gym etc we need to try our hardest to link them together.

This video may help with trying to link Sikhi into everything you do in your life.

Guru is saying you can get ultimate bliss from Waheguru so why don't we take it?

I am a bit of a hypocrite because I am not an amazing Sikh myself but forgive me for all the mistakes I have made.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ

15 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

I am not an expert but the purpose of being human is to remember Waheguru ji as much as possible. In your post above you clearly mention about how you know this won't help you in the long run. I would say cover your head and do an Ardas from you heart and Guru will come to help you.

As for your question:

The difference between earning money, gym etc. And parties is that when your at a party your Kaam (lust) krodh (anger) Lobh (greed) Moh (attachement) and Hankaar (pride) are more active and these take you away from Waheguru ji. It is harder to keep connected with love for Waheguru. Think about it music is blasting into your ears and it could be some rubbish about women etc.

And when your at the gym or at work you could have your headphones in listening to Kirtan etc. Although on the surface there is not much link between Sikhi and gym etc we need to try our hardest to link them together.

This video may help with trying to link Sikhi into everything you do in your life.

Guru is saying you can get ultimate bliss from Waheguru so why don't we take it?

I am a bit of a hypocrite because I am not an amazing Sikh myself but forgive me for all the mistakes I have made.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ

I fully agree with this post, couldn't have put it better myself...

Did you just compare partying and sleeping around to going to the gym Lol 

Well guru ji tells us that every action we take we must face it's consequences too, so are you prepared to face the consequences ? And its not a small thing that your are asking for is it? You are asking if its ok for you to turn your back to Sikhi.

What makes you think you will come back? Your struggling to break away from that life style now so what makes you think it will be easy to break away from it and turn to sikhi in the future? I have cousins in their 30s and 40s who still mess around with alcohol, women, weed etc    all of this feels good and is pleasurable so why would you break away from it once your involved in it? 

And you really should stop the sex. That's a major sin in sikhi. How will you face guru ji? In Tankhanama guru gobind singh ji tells bhai nand lal that even if one looks wrongly at a female then he loses respect which his daughter may endow. Your not just looking but are doing more than that. How would you like it that you find your daughter doing the exact same things that your doing with those girls ? 

When sisters and mothers come to the congregation,

ਭਾਈ ਨੰਦ ਲਾਲ ਜੀ : ਤਨਖ਼ਾਹ ਨਾਮਾ ਪੰ. ੪੫ 

ਦ੍ਰ੍ਰਸਿ਼ਟ ਬੁਰੀ ਦੇਖੈ ਤਸਿ ਪੰਗਤ ॥ (੧੮)

Drrasiaṭ burī dēkhai tasi paṅgat ॥ (18)

One who casts an evil eye at their row,(18)

ਭਾਈ ਨੰਦ ਲਾਲ ਜੀ : ਤਨਖ਼ਾਹ ਨਾਮਾ ਪੰ. ੪੬ 

ਸਿਖ ਹੋਇ ਜੋ ਕਰਤ ਕਰੋਧ

Sikh hōi jō karat karōdh

And being a Sikh, if he renders wrath,

ਭਾਈ ਨੰਦ ਲਾਲ ਜੀ : ਤਨਖ਼ਾਹ ਨਾਮਾ ਪੰ. ੪੭ 

ਕੰ ਨਿਆ ਮੂਲ ਨਾ ਦੇਵੇ ਸੋਧ ॥ (੧੯)

Kan niā mūl nā dēvē sōdh ॥ (19)

(He) loses the respect which a daughter could endow.(19).

So it's your choice brother! Everything we do has consequences/karma   are you willing to face that?