Marrying someone who worships a guru

Guest Confused 101

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Lol I'm VERY stubborn haha   even my mum gives up trying to convince me or change my mind coz she knows once I say no it will be a definite no  haha 

Whenever I have fallen out with someone they have always been the first to come up to me after the fall out     this has particularly always annoyed my female friends haha 

Don't know how my wife would deal with this   maybe I will change   lol I don't know.

every Mum knows the wife is able to mindbend + ...that's why there can be a power struggle between the two females

On 9/25/2018 at 9:44 AM, Guest Confused 101 said:

Hello,

Many thanks in advance for reading this and helping. 

I need some advice as I don't have many people in my life who are in touch with Sikhi. I am a 27 year old and have been in a long distance relationship for almost seven years. The guy is genuine, caring and he has never had a girlfriend before. He isnt like other guys or lustful either. His intentions have always been good and we have never had any issues the last seven years like normal couples do (e.g. trust, other girls, jealousy etc) he is very down to earth and has supported me in my new jobs, at university finding books for me, when i was unwell finding me medicines etc. He has treated me like a family member. He is not like other guys and always treated me good consistently and never changed. His parents also know about me and I speak to the mum regularly. The family and the guy have very strong morals and are a good family. I am not very religious but I try to do my rehras path daily and sukhmani sahib on weekends and go gurudwara attend programmes etc. I want to get more in to Sikhi and i want that for my children too. I try to be a good person and think twice about what would God say if I did this or that. 

The only problem is he is Hindu and he follows some group (sahaj yoga). I found this out some months later when we got in to a relationship. i thought i could persuade him out of it or thought I could be comfortable. But deep down I am not comfortable with this. If it was a different religion that is a bit different but this is something else. 

Now from the last two years my worry has increased on this topic, we have discussed raising children and he wants them to be exposed to both. I am not comfortable for my future children to be exposed to this. I am really scared about when i die what will i say to God if I marry this person or God may say why did u raise children in this. I know that we get one life and experience so many joons to get this life, I am really scared about this. I am writing this with a heavy heart. I have also asked God to show me the right path. Last thing I want is to be stuck in to some cult and follow my hearts desires rather than what guru ji preaches to us. 

Can someone please help me (please dont judge me)? Thank you so much in advance.

well find out why this guy follows this guru so much, maybe go to one of the events, then you will know for sure, and make a decision, if it is just a really good helpful guy, this guru, or if it is a sham, and then you need to tell him this, either way.

Guest No hindu no muslim
On 9/27/2018 at 11:38 AM, jkvlondon said:

Guru ji gave faisla on this

Guru Har Gobind ji was travelling on horseback with his sikhs  when they happened upon a snake in the road , they stopped and as they drew closer the sikhs noticed that there was a teeming swarm of ants attacking the snake ripping it to shreds whilst alive . One SIngh says Maharaj this snake is suffering so much can you not put it out of it misery ? to which Guru ji replied , this snake was once a Man who portrayed himself a guru and misled thousands of souls who are the ants you see . This is the karam of the fake Guru he drowned himself in Maya and also allowed his followers to fail also . A person can only reached where his Guru ji shows the path.

Why my dear would you leave the Charan of Jagat Guru Granth Sahib ji who shows you the way to Sach khand and Akal Purakh for one who will trap you in lakh chaurasi joon ? If you think that is worth it, think of the thousands of years of suffering you had to travel to get to this beautiful chance of achieving your mission and the thousands more lifetimes  you will be trapped in being exploited , crushed underfoot, hunted , tortured etc before reaching it again. This guy no doubt is a good person, but there are many good people on the planet you wouldn't marry them all.
You say you're are uncomfortable with his belief system , take that as a BIG flag , if you don't want to compromise your children's future then you know what your path is , you have to break up now and not string the guy along . I'm sure your folks do not know what is going on , and would also tell you that it is not right for you if they did . You maybe are unaware how low status other faith's women are and are treated compared to sikhi  , that's why sikhs are supposed to get married where sikhi is practised so their children don't get trapped into slave mentality again . Guru ji loves us all and wants the best for us , that's why he warns us against such relationships ...

Don't forget that Sikhi isn't a religion as per Guru Nanak Dev Jis teaching, there's only One

There's no religion to convert to, only practicing of the Truth 

On 9/29/2018 at 9:05 PM, Guest No hindu no muslim said:

Don't forget that Sikhi isn't a religion as per Guru Nanak Dev Jis teaching, there's only One

what was the point in saying that ? surely the sakhi made it clear without a True Guru ji's guidance many will fail ...all the other faiths may believe in their Guru's /Pegambar's message and guidance but only Satguru ji app parmeshwar can give the full undiluted truth and the full guide to the only path

Guest puzzledtoo
On 9/30/2018 at 5:05 AM, Guest No hindu no muslim said:

Today it is a religion. If we just practise the truth with nothing differing us from the rest get ready for all types of filth to infiltrate our believes. After all the attacks against us and attempts to exterminate all Amritdharis in Punjab by you know who, it is extremely crucial to be exclusive in this age.It's either our way or the highway.We can't afford to mix other 'truths' at this moment or we risk losing ourselves.

And there is a religion to convert to. It's called Sikhi in case you didn't notice or purposely declined to acknowledge it.1 question,if you believe in only practising the truth then why not Islamic,Christian or Jewish truth?You are allergic to them aren't you?But you specifically target Sikhs to bring back into your fold and return us into the fold of brahminism. You can keep your sufi wandering sadhu believes to yourself while we practise our Religion as ordered by our Gurus.Our religion was completed the moment Gurgaddi was given to Sri Guru Granth Sahib.No need to rely on any other references whether dharmic or abrahamic.

On 30 September 2018 at 11:41 PM, jkvlondon said:

what was the point in saying that ? surely the sakhi made it clear without a True Guru ji's guidance many will fail ...all the other faiths may believe in their Guru's /Pegambar's message and guidance but only Satguru ji app parmeshwar can give the full undiluted truth and the full guide to the only path

Guru Nanak spoke the pure Truth, which has been taught over ages, Satyug upon Satyug and in Yugs after that. 

By the time Nanak came to earth, the teachings had been corrupted.

So he taught it in its purity. The point of me saying what I said is that Sikhs today have become so rigid and dismissive of one of Nanaks greatest teachings, no Hindu, no Muslim, only one. 

If if you believe in his message, you can't just pick and choose teachings that suit you, it's time Sikhs stopped ignoring this teaching and see us all as ONE. 

Guest No Hindu no muslim
On 1 October 2018 at 2:24 PM, Guest puzzledtoo said:

Today it is a religion. If we just practise the truth with nothing differing us from the rest get ready for all types of filth to infiltrate our believes. After all the attacks against us and attempts to exterminate all Amritdharis in Punjab by you know who, it is extremely crucial to be exclusive in this age.It's either our way or the highway.We can't afford to mix other 'truths' at this moment or we risk losing ourselves.

And there is a religion to convert to. It's called Sikhi in case you didn't notice or purposely declined to acknowledge it.1 question,if you believe in only practising the truth then why not Islamic,Christian or Jewish truth?You are allergic to them aren't you?But you specifically target Sikhs to bring back into your fold and return us into the fold of brahminism. You can keep your sufi wandering sadhu believes to yourself while we practise our Religion as ordered by our Gurus.Our religion was completed the moment Gurgaddi was given to Sri Guru Granth Sahib.No need to rely on any other references whether dharmic or abrahamic.

Case in point, rigid dismissive 'Sikh' in the firm if guestpuzzledtoo'.

U claim to follow Nanak and yet dismiss His greatest teaching. 

Lthe Truth in its purity is what Nanak taught. Other religions have gone astray.

To teach people and other 'religions' Truth is why Nanak was born on this earth. Yet u try and form another one.

God cannot be confined to a religious sect, no matter how hard you, me or any human try.

Truth is Truth, it's not a religion, so don't make the mistakes that Christians, Hindus and countless others have in the past and twist the True Gurus teachings to benefit yourself and your own ego and try and turn it into a mortal sect.