What draws people to Sikhism - Yoga?

Big_Tera

4 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Thats all good and well. I am impressed with all the work that is being done. We should set good examples so people look at us. 

But we can do more stuff. I think basics of Sikhi did really well with their stalls and talking yo the general public. But it would be good if these stall events happened more often. Anyone know how often they do them? Muslims seem to do these things every sunday without fail on the high streets. 

They do them in Ilford, stratford, and also walthamstow I think. 

I neither think modelling on 3HO or Muslims is a sustainable or even desirable way to get sikhi out . Sewa and langar from the get go has worked , parchaar, kirtan , vichar and one to one relations with good sikhs are much more effective

put it this way the traditional way has grown sikhi from 1 to multimillions whereas yoga route has contributed a mere thousand or so and that too people with lukewarm convinction in Guru ji's words preferring to rely on a paapi's interpretation in combo with their hippy pseudohindu philosophy

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:34 AM, Big_Tera said:

You should not use silly words like stupid! Which actually shows your mental age and IQ. If you do not agree with it simply say so in a mature and educated way! This forum is about learning and debating. Not making childish remarks such as saying 'stupid'

Grow up and become a banda. 

Lets keep this forum clean and pleasant place. For people to come and learn. Not turning threads into cussing matches to vent your anger from the sad existence and insecurities that you have in life. To try and somehow lash out at people as your only escape. You have alot to learn my friend. 

lol

no way. some ideas are ridiculous and should be told so. We do not have the time you wish for in your ideal world, where everyone sits on chairs and discusses everything, with equal time to speak and vent.

I will put my hand up next time and ask for permission to speak, if that is alright with you?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 7:06 PM, Big_Tera said:

If there is one thing that draws people to Sikhism it is YOGA. Lets take a look at the most successful Sikh missionaries in the west. 

Yogi Bhajan - His name sounds half like yoga. Just a coincidence. But this guys method was simple. First start up classes on yoga. He knew the west is obsessed with the whole yoga thing. Next slowly bring them to Sikhism. So why dont we start doing something similar to this? Obviously we will have our own model. There will not be any kind of 3ho setup. It will be purely 100% Sikh. But first we have to get them interested in the first place. 

It is evident that people first become interested in yoga or other meditation practices. Then they start taking and interest in Sikhi. There is great potential for Sikhism to expand in Latin countries such as Spain, and south america. Many of the Latin or Hispanic people have a great interest and fascination with India and its culture. Be it Yoga, Ayurvedic medicine and meditation.Yet we are not tapping into this interest. 

On a recent trip to Spain and south america I noticed many shops with Indian artifacts. Such as oms, toofs and many other Indian cultural ornaments.  I hardly came across any islamic ornaments. But the shops were full of Indian stuff. I also noticed this in Greece. 

The question is how can we implement all this and start a Sikh missionary center in the UK? 

Look at Muslims they have built huge missionary centres in the uk. with the pure aim of converting as many people as they can funded by rich arab states abroad. Yet all Sikhs do is sit on our backsides, eat to many paranthe and then moan. 

On 10/1/2018 at 7:06 PM, Big_Tera said:

If there is one thing that draws people to Sikhism it is YOGA. Lets take a look at the most successful Sikh missionaries in the west. 

Yogi Bhajan - His name sounds half like yoga. Just a coincidence. But this guys method was simple. First start up classes on yoga. He knew the west is obsessed with the whole yoga thing. Next slowly bring them to Sikhism. So why dont we start doing something similar to this? Obviously we will have our own model. There will not be any kind of 3ho setup. It will be purely 100% Sikh. But first we have to get them interested in the first place. 

It is evident that people first become interested in yoga or other meditation practices. Then they start taking and interest in Sikhi. There is great potential for Sikhism to expand in Latin countries such as Spain, and south america. Many of the Latin or Hispanic people have a great interest and fascination with India and its culture. Be it Yoga, Ayurvedic medicine and meditation.Yet we are not tapping into this interest. 

On a recent trip to Spain and south america I noticed many shops with Indian artifacts. Such as oms, toofs and many other Indian cultural ornaments.  I hardly came across any islamic ornaments. But the shops were full of Indian stuff. I also noticed this in Greece. 

The question is how can we implement all this and start a Sikh missionary center in the UK? 

Look at Muslims they have built huge missionary centres in the uk. with the pure aim of converting as many people as they can funded by rich arab states abroad. Yet all Sikhs do is sit on our backsides, eat to many paranthe and then moan. 

Just so you know those gulf states fund those missionary centres so that their 'fundamentalist' elements within their societies focus their attentions outwards and not at the rich dictators / monarchs. As long as they are causing trouble elsewhere they aren't doing it on home turf . Oil is not the only thing they export