Protein powder

Guest Guest

Wjkk wjkf, I just wanted to know if there are other gursikhs out there that use whey protein. I have been consuming whey protein by MFL for a year. One day out of curiosity I did research on how it is actually made because I'm always self conscious about what I'm eating. After doing reasearch Whey is a extract of cheese, and in the process of making cheese rennet a form of animals stomach lining is used and when the curd or cheese is formed the leftover watery stuff is turned into whey. I have stopped using whey protein from this day and in gonna switch to plant based protein, also I wanted to know if I would have to pesh for this mistake because I was completely unaware of this. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use whey protein powder since past few months. I dont worry about how exactly it is made. Most things like this might contain ‘a tiny bit of.. whatever’. The one i use by optimum nutrition (serious mass) has 20+ vitamins  in addition to high quality protein.

If you use protein powder then well done cos that means obviously you work out/exercise and look after body in that way. We’re supposed to be sant sipahi, so yes make sure keep fit and strong. Protein powder is great for us especially for helping non-meat eaters build good muscle. (Non doubt there will be pure veg powders out there you just have to research to find them)

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Wjkk wjkf, I just wanted to know if there are other gursikhs out there that use whey protein. I have been consuming whey protein by MFL for a year. One day out of curiosity I did research on how it is actually made because I'm always self conscious about what I'm eating. After doing reasearch Whey is a extract of cheese, and in the process of making cheese rennet a form of animals stomach lining is used and when the curd or cheese is formed the leftover watery stuff is turned into whey. I have stopped using whey protein from this day and in gonna switch to plant based protein, also I wanted to know if I would have to pesh for this mistake because I was completely unaware of this. 

There are vegan proteins.  Look online and you will find one easily that is sold in your area.

12 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

not true , vegetarian cheeses are using non animal bacteria to do the work of rennet thus if you search for vegeterian protein you will get whey which has to be vegetarian . But having whey protein powder is hard on the body- liver and kidneys  so switching up will give you a break from this . You need to research if your brand was sold as veggie  and if it wasn't  then they missold/mislabelled their product which is illegal . You did not do this knowingly and it is not bujjar kurehit so I would do ardas and take Guruwak to get advice for the journey ahead instead of going for pesh  and be wary of making similar mistakes from now on

Guest gym goer

I'm warning you to stop taking protein powders and get your nutrition from real food, this is what I do after I did my research. The powders contain very  harmful chemicals like glutamate, artificial sweeteners like aspartame, sucralose, saccharin, soy, artificial flavour, colours, preservatives. They are pro inflammatory too. The amino acids in these powders are structural isomers which basically means they are completely different from nature and are harmful for the body. 

I was foolish at first as I just bought into the hype without thinking due to all the marketing and popularity of these poisons. They want you to believe protein is the be all and end all, if you don't take a powder you are going to fail. Luckily I woke up before too much damage was done. 

Traditionally people had plenty of raw milk, ghee, raw almonds,natural dates and the super herb ashwagandha to become athletic and gain muscle. They normally make a drink out the above and take it post- training. It's really good, trust.

If you stick to this and a normal indian diet including plenty of daals, beans, chickpeas, sabji, ghee you will find it optimal. You have to listen to your body and eat until you are satisfied, not less, not more. 

Don't believe me try it and see. You won't look back and it's all safe and natural which is most important. 

Guest s2525s

You can always bhog it via a sri sahib just to be safe.

try contacting them if you always buy their brand.

personally think just filling your stomach with lots (I mean LOTS) of vegatables is gonna be better for you to get you bigger eg a higher ration of fruits, eg pineapples and stuff compared to your other food but eating the same amount. Also almonds and milk are very good. Blue cheese is great for vegeterians sometimes it taste very good too.

Starch foods minus rice and potatoes are the best and should be a majority of each meal.

Also Daliya should be your staple food.

I emailed the company and they replied, Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. Our Muscle Whey is not vegan; it contains milk products and while we can not guarantee that it does not contain rennet; it is vegetarian friendly as it does not contain eggs or any other animal products.

On 10/8/2018 at 5:28 AM, GuestSingh said:

making homemade from mixed seeds (sunflower, sesame, pumpkin, flax, poppy) - 10g each gives 10-15g protein..adding chia seeds makes it 20-25g.

That's an estrogen cocktail for lowering testosterone. Not good for a man. Yes, it's a considerable amount of protein but at what cost?