Protein powder

Guest Guest

May contain rennet so I would avoid.

Seems a bit sketchy based on the video and being a bibeki person if you ask me if you are going to drink any whey protein weekly for an extended period of over a year I would just stick to milkshake, lots of vegetables, or homemade protein powder.

A part of me questions whether adding more protein to your diet when you work out actually does anything beneficial as we eat 3 meals every day of the week already so I think our bodies should be adept for 1-2 hours of moderate or high level workout by itself.

Its been a few days now and your mind should have decided what the next step was. For me if if I eat meat purely accidentally, I would stop and not eat another bite if I am still eating, I don't think its worth doing anything unless there is a chance there is halal meat there than that is a different story and for halal I think you need to do Amrit again. If you eat it on slightly purpose eg. something says may contain eggs for example and knowingly you ate it then I think it would even effect your avesta for 2-3 hours or 2-3 days but after that you should be fine and back to normal.  If you cant go back to normal or just want to be on the safe side most Amrit sanchar do a chulee (mouthwash). Chulee is done quickly I think after the people got Amrit and people that did pesh. I would go there and tell them you may have eaten meat and want to do chulee and they will advise. Its not that hard to go to an Amrit sanchar again it seems like a massive endeavor but it is just a few hours of work. However depending on how serious you feel this is you can maybe just do Ardas and take a Hukamnama and see what that is going towards. If you don't feel guilty at all and your heart truly feels its fine I think it may be okay and nothing additional needs to be done except being careful in the future.

Bhul chuk maaf

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GuestSingh
19 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

That's an estrogen cocktail for lowering testosterone. Not good for a man. Yes, it's a considerable amount of protein but at what cost? 

thats true but lentils, chickpeas and flaxseed are too and look how tough our forefathers/ancestors were by eating these staples daily..

yeah a lot of estrogen isnt good for us but us males do need some estrogen to function properly..

imo the benefits of a seed mix outweigh the few if any other drawbacks i.e. good balance in natural fats with some complete proteins along with enough sleep and daily exercise increase testosterone naturally..10g of sesame and poppy alone have nearly/about the rda of calcium so its a good option to have if vegan..

dont know whether the estrogen in these foods is actually phytoestrogen but this video tells us whether we should be worried or not..

5 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

thats true but lentils, chickpeas and flaxseed are too and look how tough our forefathers/ancestors were by eating these staples daily..

yeah a lot of estrogen isnt good for us but us males do need some estrogen to function properly..

imo the benefits of a seed mix outweigh the few if any other drawbacks i.e. good balance in natural fats with some complete proteins along with enough sleep and daily exercise increase testosterone naturally..10g of sesame and poppy alone have nearly/about the rda of calcium so its a good option to have if vegan..

dont know whether the estrogen in these foods is actually phytoestrogen but this video tells us whether we should be worried or not..

PHYTO - coming from plants

Phyto estrogen block receptors for mammalian and xeno estrogens so have a protective rols against the effects of those more dangerous estrogens - thus you avoid increasing your cancer risks  whilst still be able to function emotionally/socially. None of our bazurg had problems with strength, reproduction etc .

I would still sound a note of caution. There's a world of difference between a Singh who hasn't consumed any animal products (eggs and meat) since birth, deciding to go the "chia & flaxseed" way, and another Singh who's eaten it all since day one but finally decided to give it up. The former -- unless he's been clued up on vege nutrition as it relates to the male biological and physiological system -- is going to be lagging way behind in testosterone and similar things compared to the other Singh in the above example who's probably full to the brim with what's needed for a man to function at optimal levels. You start recommending the "chia & flaxseed" method to the first Singh when he's already lagging behind in what his diet should've contained, well then he's in trouble. Sure, a little estrogen is always needed for men, as women need some test, too, but I genuinely believe there's a little more nuance required in discerning who requires what, especially if we factor religious dietary requirements into the equation.

27 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

None of our bazurg had problems with strength, reproduction etc .

They also knocked back eggs on a daily basis. They didn't carry out a lifetime of backbreaking work exclusively on a diet of flour and lentils. And I say this as someone who's never touched eggs in my life. 

We should never romanticise or even airbrush the reality of the past in order to strengthen whatever argument that's being pushed. 

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:01 AM, Guest Guest said:

Wjkk wjkf, I just wanted to know if there are other gursikhs out there that use whey protein. I have been consuming whey protein by MFL for a year. One day out of curiosity I did research on how it is actually made because I'm always self conscious about what I'm eating. After doing reasearch Whey is a extract of cheese, and in the process of making cheese rennet a form of animals stomach lining is used and when the curd or cheese is formed the leftover watery stuff is turned into whey. I have stopped using whey protein from this day and in gonna switch to plant based protein, also I wanted to know if I would have to pesh for this mistake because I was completely unaware of this. 

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:28 AM, Guest Gupat said:

I use whey protein powder since past few months. I dont worry about how exactly it is made. Most things like this might contain ‘a tiny bit of.. whatever’. The one i use by optimum nutrition (serious mass) has 20+ vitamins  in addition to high quality protein.

If you use protein powder then well done cos that means obviously you work out/exercise and look after body in that way. We’re supposed to be sant sipahi, so yes make sure keep fit and strong. Protein powder is great for us especially for helping non-meat eaters build good muscle. (Non doubt there will be pure veg powders out there you just have to research to find them)

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:33 AM, jkvlondon said:

not true , vegetarian cheeses are using non animal bacteria to do the work of rennet thus if you search for vegeterian protein you will get whey which has to be vegetarian . But having whey protein powder is hard on the body- liver and kidneys  so switching up will give you a break from this . You need to research if your brand was sold as veggie  and if it wasn't  then they missold/mislabelled their product which is illegal . You did not do this knowingly and it is not bujjar kurehit so I would do ardas and take Guruwak to get advice for the journey ahead instead of going for pesh  and be wary of making similar mistakes from now on

There is a lot of research out there for this, I post3ed before on this, and there are tonnes of research, for example watch vegan gains video, and look at the source studies to find out for yourself.

Whey eternally is bad for the kidneys. Nothing is better than wholefoods diet, YET. Small amounts like 1 serving every 2 days is fine I guess, more is borderline bad for you, and your liver.

Whey contains blood, pus and faeces of the cow, from the dairy it comes from, especially pumped with chemicals, hormones and steroids, they all get. If your okay with this, then fine.

Guest GuestSingh
4 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

I would still sound a note of caution. There's a world of difference between a Singh who hasn't consumed any animal products (eggs and meat) since birth, deciding to go the "chia & flaxseed" way, and another Singh who's eaten it all since day one but finally decided to give it up. The former -- unless he's been clued up on vege nutrition as it relates to the male biological and physiological system -- is going to be lagging way behind in testosterone and similar things compared to the other Singh in the above example who's probably full to the brim with what's needed for a man to function at optimal levels. You start recommending the "chia & flaxseed" method to the first Singh when he's already lagging behind in what his diet should've contained, well then he's in trouble. Sure, a little estrogen is always needed for men, as women need some test, too, but I genuinely believe there's a little more nuance required in discerning who requires what, especially if we factor religious dietary requirements into the equation.

of course a diet should be varied and balanced so body requirements arent excluded..but given how easily accessible information is to us in the west, fitness and nutrition would appear to go hand in hand..and given the option between natural foods that our bodies will recognise and overly-processed protein supplements, its clear which is more beneficial and causes far less harm both in the short and long term.

1 hour ago, GuestSingh said:

of course a diet should be varied and balanced so body requirements arent excluded..but given how easily accessible information is to us in the west, fitness and nutrition would appear to go hand in hand..and given the option between natural foods that our bodies will recognise and overly-processed protein supplements, its clear which is more beneficial and causes far less harm both in the short and long term.

Absolutely, brother. A whole, unprocessed food diet is the best way to function broadly speaking. For purposes of training and body conditioning there are many ways we can obtain the things we need to aid in repair. Many will try to muddy the waters for their own interests by claiming cost, availability, etc., but everything we need to aid and supplement our physical efforts in the gym is available from natural food sources, and that includes the old school desi ingredients that have been mentioned.

Going back to the original post, there is natural Rennet from plants. I know this as I had to buy Parmesan Cheese that used the Rennet from plants.

Then again, I have 0 trust in Protein Powders.