We as Sikhs are meant to stand out from the crowd.

JSinghnz

3 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

like I said ...it's time for you to take the weight off....

we all should!

mindsets like standing out from the crowd, are benign, and add to the stigma of separation, the last time I checked sikhi was about equality. ALSO standing out from the crows, isn't just wearing a turban and couple of dangling kakaars. standing out, really, is about doing the best you can, and anything else is blending in.

4 hours ago, mahandulai said:

we all should!

mindsets like standing out from the crowd, are benign, and add to the stigma of separation, the last time I checked sikhi was about equality. ALSO standing out from the crows, isn't just wearing a turban and couple of dangling kakaars. standing out, really, is about doing the best you can, and anything else is blending in.

ਜਬ ਲਗ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਰਹੇ ਨਿਆਰਾ ॥ jab lag khhalasa rehae niara While the Khalsa stays distinct,
ਤਬ ਲਗ ਤੇਜ ਕੀਉ ਮੈਂ ਸਾਰਾ ॥ thab lag thaej keeo main sara I will offer my full support
ਜਬ ਇਹ ਗਹੈ ਬਿਪਰਨ ਕੀ ਰੀਤ ॥ jab eih gehai biparan kee reeth When they follow the ways of others,
ਮੈਂ ਨ ਕਰੋਂ ਇਨ ਕੀ ਪ੝ਰਤੀਤ ॥ main n karon ein kee pratheeth I will withdraw my assistance from them.

Guest GuestSingh
11 hours ago, JSinghnz said:

he stands out from the crowd but in the completely wrong way.

yet another sheep conforming to newly-invented social norms in where some apne, particularly in usa/canada, have little confidence and self worth growing up so feel an 'easier' and now 'cool' way to fix this is laughing at thenselves..

apne who do this look like theyre always doing matha tek to the whiteys rather than their own true Guru..

Guest GuestSingh
4 hours ago, mahandulai said:

we all should!

aren't Sikhs already supposed to feel separate and dead in mind to the world?

3 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

I meant you should sit down ... your overally aggressive stance is not needed or wanted ...Our Father Guru Gobind Singh ji deemed it imperative that we have a regal, strong visage to the world backed up with a courageous self-assured manner . I am frankly sick of seeing sikhs being ashamed of their dastars and hiding them under baseball caps ..WTH is that?

You want to be a sheep and follow the crowd be my guest but don't dare to think you can call yourself Singh you haven't earnt it as you have basically said Guru Sahiban were wrong  to expect you to follow them.

I love reppin my Dastar to school lol