Veg village food ( youtube channel)

puzzled

Guest Namita

Please if someone could help me getting in touch with this amazing lady, or if I  could get any one who knows her i would be very grateful 

Kind regards 

Namita 

Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh
On 2/7/2020 at 11:01 AM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

Yeah, I'm new to this thread and have never heard of this woman before but it seems to me that her kids must've seen what an international superstar that 'Grandpa Kitchen' had become via YouTube and thought to themselves "we can get our mum to do it and make damn good money out of this".  The worst thing is, the family of this lovely Punjabi lady have been so lazy they hadn't even bothered to come up with a single original idea. They've blatantly copied the entire successful formula of the Indian guy (Grandpa Kitchen) ....even the camera shots of the sorry looking Bihari kids.  I guess they figured that the average Punjabi didn't have the intelligence to figure out that they were being taken for a ride. And, to be fair, judging by this thread, they've been proven right. 

Wow. Even AFTER you guys have been informed that everything about the videos is unoriginal and blatant copies and a way of making money.....you still ask where you can donate money to them. ?        Seriously now, shouldn't a more educated response be "oh my god....the family of that lovely bibi should feel ashamed of themselves....not only for taking us for a ride but, more importantly, the way they have used this lovely bibi as a tool to make money" ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Instead of thinking about how much sugar is there in cake or putting LOL for size of cake, one should appreciate her gesture of preparing food for poor children. Always with a smile on her face she prepares almost everything for kids maintaining all the more hygienic conditions. So, if you can't have that much passimistic approach for her commendable efforts, it's better not to make fun of few things here. My humble request to all those who can't do things except for making comments here kindly not to make fun of Punjab and Punjabis.

Guest Guest!
On 10/12/2018 at 4:13 AM, jkvlondon said:

That's not a jalebi but a jalebaa!

Hey don't be puzzled over the size of the container, just see the real Jalebis in that container and you'll get to know it's actually not a Jaleba.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest GrannyLove
On 7/2/2020 at 8:14 PM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh said:

Wow. Even AFTER you guys have been informed that everything about the videos is unoriginal and blatant copies and a way of making money.....you still ask where you can donate money to them. ?        Seriously now, shouldn't a more educated response be "oh my god....the family of that lovely bibi should feel ashamed of themselves....not only for taking us for a ride but, more importantly, the way they have used this lovely bibi as a tool to make money" ?

Sorry, but this Grandpa guy you think they "stole" the idea from was not the first ever person to make a cooking video. Granny is an absolute legend and feeds hundreds of children 2-3 times per week, every single week.

Yes, they make money from it. But guess what, a lot of that money goes back into the project or toward buying ingredients. They upgraded their pots and pans to much bigger ones and even started to buy industrial food processing machinery recently to make bigger and bigger batches. Granny is not in it for the Lambos and Youtuber lifestyle.

The channel is exploding in popularity recently, 56million views on her recent Samosa video. Not because its original or unique, but because it's interesting, inspiring and a nice thing to do for the community.

Granny forever.

Nothing on youtube is original and everyone is making money, thats what youtube is about. The cooks, mechanics, fashion channels, animal channels, vloggers going on holidays, art channels, fitness channels,  everything basically,  nothing is "original" and there are 1000s and they all making money. Its nothing new! its been happening for years!  if your young, rich and attractive you can start making money on youtube by just advertising clothes, partying and going on holiday!  people been making money like that for years now on youtube!  nothing new and no big deal .... 

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
On 8/28/2020 at 3:15 PM, puzzled said:

Nothing on youtube is original and everyone is making money, thats what youtube is about. The cooks, mechanics, fashion channels, animal channels, vloggers going on holidays, art channels, fitness channels,  everything basically,  nothing is "original" and there are 1000s and they all making money. Its nothing new! its been happening for years!  if your young, rich and attractive you can start making money on youtube by just advertising clothes, partying and going on holiday!  people been making money like that for years now on youtube!  nothing new and no big deal .... 

No nothing is original and, to be honest, it's almost impossible to be entirely original BUT.....there is a massive difference between copying a tried and tested formula and tweaking it to make it your own and blatantly copying every last detail, including music, camera angles and close-ups of sorry looking kids. This Punjabi channel has taken copying to a whole new level of extreme.

Now....some interesting facts about money. (and...lets not pretend....this whole thing is about money). I read an article in the Times of India a while ago in which the makers of another Punjabi village food channel on YouTube (parvinder Singh and Sarabjit Kaur of Punjabi Village Food Factory) say they make 2 Lakh every month from their channel on youtube. They have 348,000 subscribers. If 348,000 subscribers generates 2 Lakh every month you can just imagine how much money the family of this old bibi is making with 3.52 Million subscribers. 

The point I'm making is that you need to be woke enough to understand that your Virsa and Sikhi is being raped right in front of your eyes. Everything - including your culture and your faith has a price tag and is on sale. You see it as your most valuable possession while there are others that see it as a business opportunity - a commodity ready for exploitation. YouTube, Instagram etc are absolutely jam-packed chock-a-block full of amritdhari dastar wearing Sikh females touting themselves as 'influencers' - selling themselves in the name of lifestyle choices. I'm not saying you are but what I'm saying is that you're coming across as an ignorant and uneduacted voyeur sittting watching as your virsa is used as a money making tool.

On 9/3/2020 at 2:33 PM, Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh said:

No nothing is original and, to be honest, it's almost impossible to be entirely original BUT.....there is a massive difference between copying a tried and tested formula and tweaking it to make it your own and blatantly copying every last detail, including music, camera angles and close-ups of sorry looking kids. This Punjabi channel has taken copying to a whole new level of extreme.

Now....some interesting facts about money. (and...lets not pretend....this whole thing is about money). I read an article in the Times of India a while ago in which the makers of another Punjabi village food channel on YouTube (parvinder Singh and Sarabjit Kaur of Punjabi Village Food Factory) say they make 2 Lakh every month from their channel on youtube. They have 348,000 subscribers. If 348,000 subscribers generates 2 Lakh every month you can just imagine how much money the family of this old bibi is making with 3.52 Million subscribers. 

The point I'm making is that you need to be woke enough to understand that your Virsa and Sikhi is being raped right in front of your eyes. Everything - including your culture and your faith has a price tag and is on sale. You see it as your most valuable possession while there are others that see it as a business opportunity - a commodity ready for exploitation. YouTube, Instagram etc are absolutely jam-packed chock-a-block full of amritdhari dastar wearing Sikh females touting themselves as 'influencers' - selling themselves in the name of lifestyle choices. I'm not saying you are but what I'm saying is that you're coming across as an ignorant and uneduacted voyeur sittting watching as your virsa is used as a money making tool.

Do you know how pathetic all of that sounds? not coz its not true, most people are aware of people making money out of social media, but because your making an issue out of no issue. 

A granny making a giant pizza or 100 bowls of noodles, or some amritdhari woman showing her "lifestyle" is hardly virsa

Gurdware, Nagar kirtans, teeyan the mela with an entrance fee of £5, Punjabi havelis with shoddy looking badly painted punjabi statues, Punjabi actresses acting as innocent village virgins in movies and then running around in bikinis in Goa in real life etc all of that is people making money out of our "virsa"    social media is just the new popular platform people are using to make money out of "virsa" 

no big deal,  who cares, move on