Gursikh

Guest Singh

ok so im in my early twenties and i am pretty much career focused and want to be a successful guy in future......

i just gave a question................ Am i a Lesser Gursikh if i want to be RICH and SUCCESSFUL, grow worldwide with my buisness and TRAVEL around the world with my family, While i stick to the Gurbani and its concepts. Or would you consider it a kind of VICE.... 

Good on you bro very good. Work hard build your career enjoy the rewards. Travel and see the world experience different/new things. Nothing about this is bad. Yes stick to gursikhi principles. Naam jaap, seva etc. (But remember ultimate happiness and contentment you will find inside yourself through simran.)

To travel the world, make lots of money, be highly successful is an easy way of being entrapped by Maya. A bigger house, a fancy car etc all feed into greed, ego and attachment. These are things that take us away from God  

As one travels further into Sikhi, one realises that material wealth is pointless and spiritual wealth is of paramount importance. 

There’s a difference between living comfortably and living lavishly. Remember that none of it will go with you in the end. 

Guest Anonymous

For me, I think ANY SIKH IN THE WORLD SHOULD ALWAYS BE FINANCIALLY GOOD......... that is the only way you can help make other people's life better.......... and yourselves too.... 

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:57 AM, Guest Singh said:

ok so im in my early twenties and i am pretty much career focused and want to be a successful guy in future......

i just gave a question................ Am i a Lesser Gursikh if i want to be RICH and SUCCESSFUL, grow worldwide with my buisness and TRAVEL around the world with my family, While i stick to the Gurbani and its concepts. Or would you consider it a kind of VICE.... 

short. no.

being rich and famous, is a side trait that develops along the way.

Guest Haridas

1. make the money through honest means.  e.g. don't make it through cheating people, lying, breaking (or bending the law), through selling bad products of things you know are bad quality, by selling poisonous stuff, blatantly overcharging, cheating yoru rivals, exploiting your staff/inferiors with cruel behaviour or low wages.

2. make money outside but ALWAYS remember God inside, don't fall into the trap of worshiping money.  actually this goes for everyone, no matter what their ambition.

3.  if you can give a little money (amount is your choice) to hungry people, poor people, homeless, vulnerable, etc that is good.  but do it without showing off (do it anonymously).  giving for religious things (Gurdwara construction, langar, educating children in Gurmukhi etc) is also good.

so no wanting to be rich is fine, but always put God above it and first.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use