Sign in to follow this  
singhunit

Ringleader Dhaliwal

29 minutes ago, mahandulai said:

you know what, you've made me angry, what are you doing to help anyone, boring old man,

I'd hold off on a vlog until you have a basic grasp of Sikhi. Unless it's on gardening or something. 

8 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I'd hold off on a vlog until you have a basic grasp of Sikhi. Unless it's on gardening or something. 

Do people think it is even possible to get a basic grasp of Sikhi without learning Gurmukhi? 

From personal experience I think solely using the English medium to learn can take you away from Sikhi and into the realm of 'Sikhism'. Most of the stuff in English seems skewed.

1 hour ago, mahandulai said:

you know what, you've made me angry, what are you doing to help anyone, boring old man,

I'm 35....hardly old.

I genuinely thought you were a troll on this website at first.

Just stop posting your silly comments to try and get attention, stop trying to always play devils advocate...your blogs really have no meaning. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, singhunit said:

I'm 35....hardly old.

Just stop posting your silly comments to try and get attention, stop trying to always play devils advocate...your blogs really have no meaning. 

Yeah 35 isn't old. I know a few guys in their 30s and i have a good laugh with them. 

6 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Do people think it is even possible to get a basic grasp of Sikhi without learning Gurmukhi? 

From personal experience I think solely using the English medium to learn can take you away from Sikhi and into the realm of 'Sikhism'. Most of the stuff in English seems skewed.

I'm not sure. You might be correct. What I can tell from reading the Guru Granth Sahib Ji translated into english, is when someone hasn't really read it much at all. 

2 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I'm not sure. You might be correct. What I can tell from reading the Guru Granth Sahib Ji translated into english, is when someone hasn't really read it much at all. 

English translations serve a wonderful purpose in the sense that we cant ignore the meanings of Gurubani while reading it. It might not convey the same emotions, but that's something the coming generations can improve upon.

3 hours ago, Jai Tegang! said:

English translations serve a wonderful purpose in the sense that we cant ignore the meanings of Gurubani while reading it. It might not convey the same emotions, but that's something the coming generations can improve upon.

For the ignorant like myself, it's all we get at first. Someday, with Vaheguru's Kirpa, I will learn to appreciate the Gurmukhi. 

Do take step to learn Punjabi/Gurmukhi because to find the real sikhi treasure, we need a map. In this case Map is our language.

19 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

good point. disagree. English can rep sikhi well enough in the right mindset and language skills

18 hours ago, singhunit said:

I'm 35....hardly old.

who are you? singh unit?

1 hour ago, mahandulai said:

good point. disagree. English can rep sikhi well enough in the right mindset and language skills

How could you even know this to be true if you can't read both languages and make a comparison? 

You're just blindly trusting the translators/authors, which is something you ranted on about in another thread. Apply some of your own criticisms to yourself sometimes.

36 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

How could you even know this to be true if you can't read both languages and make a comparison? 

You're just blindly trusting the translators/authors, which is something you ranted on about in another thread. Apply some of your own criticisms to yourself sometimes.

I can read both, you haven't replied to my other replies over the weeks, you selectively reply, when youre wrong,

4 hours ago, mahandulai said:

I can read both, you haven't replied to my other replies over the weeks, you selectively reply, when youre wrong,

You ask a load of questions, but can't give straight answers yourself. 

So tell us what you've read in Gurmukhi, that makes you such a vidwaan at your age? 

How well can you read Gurmukhi? I've been doing it for years now, and I still feel like I'm just scratching the surface, but here's you making out like you've already grasped it all? 

It would be nice to know that we have someone who is actually knowledgeable and makes efforts to learn here. Because as of now, you just appear to be some scatter brained kid who craves attention, and tries to get this through being  constantly contrary as if that demonstrates some sort of intelligence. 

If you've got knowledge of any depth, please share it, I'd love to hear it - but this other boll0cks you keep doing just looks like you are running around in confused circles getting nowhere. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

You ask a load of questions, but can't give straight answers yourself. 

So tell us what you've read in Gurmukhi, that makes you such a vidwaan at your age? 

How well can you read Gurmukhi? I've been doing it for years now, and I still feel like I'm just scratching the surface, but here's you making out like you've already grasped it all? 

It would be nice to know that we have someone who is actually knowledgeable and makes efforts to learn here. Because as of now, you just appear to be some scatter brained kid who craves attention, and tries to get this through being  constantly contrary as if that demonstrates some sort of intelligence. 

If you've got knowledge of any depth, please share it, I'd love to hear it - but this other boll0cks you keep doing just looks like you are running around in confused circles getting nowhere. 

you've really read wrong here, do you know why?

your second line. age? really? gurus ages take that into account. younger than me. 

stop assuming, and I wud have more to say, whenever we get somewhere, you fly away somewhere