Jump to content
mahandulai

Do Sikhs have blind faith?

Recommended Posts

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
1 hour ago, mahandulai said:

Where is the line between, wanting to believe in all these sakhis that make sense, and really thinking for yourself?

yawn, recycling old tired threads ...how about doing a search

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mahandulai said:

not recycled if young people havent seen it

you mean lazy people haven't seen it -do a search

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its our responsibility to keep important issues like this, at the forefront so people can see

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, jkvlondon said:

you mean lazy people haven't seen it -do a search

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mahandulai said:

its our responsibility to keep important issues like this, at the forefront so people can see

 

who died and made you boss?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet again @mahandulai do you have nothing better to do than point fingers at either our doctrine, our way of life or the Kakkars.

If you do not have the faith that's fair enough but do not bring your negativity to a site which  :

a) Is high spirited and proud of our History and achievements.

b) Is here to support and Guide.

 I can understand if you has posed your question in a way in which others could maybve help you understand, however you submit point blank opinions with no evidence and expect a discussion!

Pick up a history book - It'll do you wonders!

Gur Fateh

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PranaamShaheedaNu said:

Yet again @mahandulai do you have nothing better to do than point fingers at either our doctrine, our way of life or the Kakkars.

If you do not have the faith that's fair enough but do not bring your negativity to a site which  :

a) Is high spirited and proud of our History and achievements.

b) Is here to support and Guide.

 I can understand if you has posed your question in a way in which others could maybve help you understand, however you submit point blank opinions with no evidence and expect a discussion!

Pick up a history book - It'll do you wonders!

Gur Fateh

yet again, I am greeted by another all-knowing elder.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not know the reason but I feel as if I should voice here. What is it do Sikhs have blind faith even in? Were the Gurus not alive, were battles no fought, do you not find liberation by living a good life and falling the dharma in bani? Yes I call out to God and he is there, but if you want to be an atheist and say God does not exist how is Sikhi de-legitimized? No, there is no blind faith.

Edited by namespace
forgot the word "not" I had some ubsubstantiated reason to make this post.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2018 at 12:13 PM, mahandulai said:

Where is the line between, wanting to believe in all these sakhis that make sense, and really thinking for yourself?

Bro even if a golden hand came out from the sky and saved you from getting hit by a bus your mind will make million's of excuses to say that wasn't real, it was a hallucination etc. Guru is right full stop we have so many people who were there at the time of the Sakhis and many many scholars Bhai Vir Singh hi etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

Bro even if a golden hand came out from the sky and saved you from getting hit by a bus your mind will make million's of excuses to say that wasn't real, it was a hallucination etc. Guru is right full stop we have so many people who were there at the time of the Sakhis and many many scholars Bhai Vir Singh hi etc.

how do even know what guru said, back then.

look. lets say guru is 100 percent right and perfect, how do you know, what you are listening to and reading, are his words....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mahandulai said:

how do even know what guru said, back then.

look. lets say guru is 100 percent right and perfect, how do you know, what you are listening to and reading, are his words....

When in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji it reads

ਮਹਲਾ ੧ - 1st throne

Who else do you think it could be?

Our Guru's wrote in raag which is so hard to master and if look at the words carefully there are many lagumatras (accent etc. That change the meaning) no one else could have wrote it other than a perfect being with the light of God.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mahandulai said:

how do even know what guru said, back then.

look. lets say guru is 100 percent right and perfect, how do you know, what you are listening to and reading, are his words....

Handwriting analysis of Guru Gobind Singh proved that gurbani is from him.  He wrote other texts and they all match up.  Remember, there are still many documents from around the world that are at least old as the 16th century.   If you claim he is lying and twisted the words of older Gurus you are completely wrong as the Gurus are 1 light.  He is the same spirit as the previous Guru and he would not be lying as it is coming straight from the source.

Edited by namespace
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×

Important Information

Terms of Use