Sign in to follow this  
Singh1989

One aspect of not yet married

Not really a Q. More of a statement. Girls... What are you doing? Boys... Same can go to you! You're in your 30's, highly educated, nice job n u cannot seem t "find the right partner?" (this post excludes who wish to remain single). But d rest... Whas keeping yah?

What do Sikh people say in society? "Remember! Education doesn't matter. Wha matters is Partner should b Nitnemi and hard working." And when a person uneducated/ less educated approaches the same Sikhs to marry their child?? "Marriage!? Whas your education up to??" THAS IT! Gal katham. The end. There's no room for "Can I at least meet your son/ daughter??" (am speaking from experience as a single who been thru this numerous times).

WOMEN! I am now engaged to someone in Punjab. HERE'S MY PLAN! After marriage if she wishes to work she can. If she wishes to carry on teaching but gets a job far from my Hometown, we'll settle over there so she carries on working. I'll easily manage a job (TRUST! Indians always seek people willing t work below minimum; factory or takeaways). See? I have these plans to SUPPORT my future wife. She may not be baptised. I made it clear to her "If u wish to take Amrit or not u will not b forced. It'll b entirely up to u." SUPPORT! SANGAT JI! SUPPORT... Plus with kirpa am financially sorted, on top.

WOMEN! Next time a proposal comes to you, at least hear out the guy, see wha he says. Working + still with parents = financially sorted. Is he willing to move out? Can u still work after marriage? If in a far town both working, will you compromise and move in his town? Or is he willing t give up job and move with you???

All this is decided after meeting/ speaking or messaging on phone. What are we focused on? Education only. Gal kathm. No wonder so many 35-40's are still single (again, from experience what I seen but am 29).

Bottom line, you wanna get somewhere at least GO and MEET UP with the proposals with your family.

• Like 4