What in Sikhi do we know for sure?

mahandulai

7 hours ago, mahandulai said:

to an extent I do, but quoting stories from long time ago, and using it to justify why we do things is borderline autistic.

Autistic for you(and you would know all about that) but for us it is guru jis hukam, guru ji told us to listen to katha, so as Sikhs we listen to katha of stories that took place 100s of years ago. And it's from these kathas that we learn what's right and what's wrong for a sikh.   

16 hours ago, puzzled said:

Autistic for you(and you would know all about that) but for us it is guru jis hukam, guru ji told us to listen to katha, so as Sikhs we listen to katha of stories that took place 100s of years ago. And it's from these kathas that we learn what's right and what's wrong for a sikh.   

wow, I was hoping you weren't going to say this. :/

We know Guru Granth Sahib is Sikhs chance in achieving Mukht from Maya n this world itself. Just like Muslims believe in Quran, Christian in the Bible and Hindus in Puranas.

All religious folks do different things but by practice, patience and persistence that one goal n target's achieved.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:20 AM, Singh1989 said:

We know Guru Granth Sahib is Sikhs chance in achieving Mukht from Maya n this world itself. Just like Muslims believe in Quran, Christian in the Bible and Hindus in Puranas.

All religious folks do different things but by practice, patience and persistence that one goal n target's achieved.

tbh I wud end this thread, with what we have learnt which is,

it is unsure of what happened in the past,

believing in the sggs can do wonders,

and not much else :/

On 10/23/2018 at 11:20 PM, mahandulai said:

dont say everything, about this and that.

We don't know that "God" exists. We've only been told he exists. I've never seen him. Have you?

On 10/24/2018 at 11:48 AM, mahandulai said:

there is no point having faith in something that you know, is obscured, it is called blind faith, and is weak

So it will be ok not to beleive in "God"?

8 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

We don't know that "God" exists. We've only been told he exists. I've never seen him. Have you?

So it will be ok not to beleive in "God"?

1. sikhi says Akal Purakh is not any particular gender shape, race or form  and yet is all forms

2. Akal Purakh is Jyot/energy which is indestructible  and only alters form ...(for duffer science peeps)

3. Akal Purakh is experienced and seen with spiritual eyes not these flesh ones

4. That vision is what kills the man(his ego/I am) , as Jesus, Moses, Kabir, Namdev  hinted man dies in the presence of God.

5. to get the correct eyes you have to open the heart and mind and elevate the 5 gunn and control haumai through gurbani, sewa and simran

6 hours ago, mahandulai said:

tbh I wud end this thread, with what we have learnt which is,

it is unsure of what happened in the past,

believing in the sggs can do wonders,

and not much else :/

Ah! But 100% faith all answers will b revealed! I know it can be a long journey. But with excellent devotion it'll take barely a few years.

You've got to make the effort to understand too mahandulai. I know you are of the wikipedia generation that has grown up with everything given on a plate with a simple online search. 

Can you really expect to grasp Sikhi in this simplistic way? Is it not a journey involving serious study and mental and spiritual conditioning through simran.